We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Caldwell, Idaho
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

I will be traveling to Paris in December, and would like to stay on Ile St. Louis. I have found the usual vacation booking sites (VRBO & Flip Key, etc); does anyone have a recommended site which they use. We would like to rent from owners, as it saves $$$$. Or any personal favorite properties you would like to share? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Brenda, USA.

Toowoomba Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

We are staying on Ile Saint-Louis in August this year. I spent ages trolling sites for a suitable apartment.

2 years ago in December 2010 we stayed in the Marais, which I loved, but this time I really wanted to find a place on the island.

It tends to be a bit more expensive, but I think it is worth it.

We found our apartment on HomeAway which is an international site, and you are often dealing with the actual owner.

If you google HomeAway and ref no: 299192. this is where we are staying.

It is a bit larger than many Paris apartments ( which can be tiny ) and would cost US$1100 - US$1680 per week depending what time in December.We wanted a larger place, because my brother and partner may join us. We have found the owner Phillipe, easy to deal with via the Internet. We loved Paris in December, though cold and snowy!

Frank. Australia.

Caldwell, Idaho
Level Contributor
13 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

Could you re-check the listing number? I just went to the Home Away site, and it will not pull up a listing by that number??? Thank you!

Toowoomba Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

Sorry Brenda,

It's 299198,

If I can help any further, I'd be happy to,

Regards, Frank.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
444 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

Try parisabcd.com. I've rented from Annie Milgram twice and she's very easy to work with. She has two apts.on the Ile; one on St.Louis en L'Ile and another on rue Bude. The first is large and accomodates 4; the one on Bude is small for 2. They are not ritzy but economical for Ile St. Louis.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

Try www.guestapartment.com. They seem to deal with Ile St. Louis apartments exclusively.

6. Re: Ile Saint Louis...Help on finding lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:15