We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit in March

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Topic
First Visit in March

Hi. Thinking of a trip to Paris in March from NYC. Leaving either March 16 or 17, for 5 or 6 days. I'm a 40-something male, traveling solo, with only knowing a few french words.

Some intro questions:

1. What is the weather typically like at that time of year?

2. Anything specific that would make that a very good time or very bad time to travel to Paris?

3. If Art Museums are not an interest of mine, might 5 days in Paris be too much? Or should I look at another part of France instead or as well?

THanks

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit in March

1. Weather in Northern Europe is frustrating at any time of year - we don't seem to have seasons any more , just weather. It could be warm - last year was glorious and in the 70s, but it could just as easily be cool, rainy, and/or windy. It should not be cold, however.

2. Can't help I'm afraid.

3. There's an awful lot more to Paris than art museums and in 5 days you will barely scratch the surface. You need to look at a guide book or on-line resource to give you some idea of what's on offer.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
275 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit in March

Are you talking March 2013? If so, I'd make booking a hotel a priority as you're leaving it a little late.

As Kebabs suggested, get yourself a guidebook and see what Paris has to offer you. Why do you want to visit Paris? What are your interests?

As for the weather, totally unpredictable in march as at any time of year. Could be freezing, could be warm. Pack plenty of layers plus hats, scarves, gloves and an umbrella. And your comfiest walking shoes.

3. Re: First Visit in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 05:15