We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris sightseeing tours

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
874 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Paris sightseeing tours

We're looking for a 1/2 day small van or coach tour to see some major highlights of Paris before we begin exploring on our own. We'll be staying at the Brighton Hotel (around the Louve), so would like to start close by. What we've done in the past is take a bus tour that makes a loop and we can just stay on to get our borings of what we'd like to visit more later. I haven't read great reviews of the HOHO's as they stop so much and there's a lot of waiting at each stop to start up again. Plus they don't seem to make a circle loop. We don't really want to hire a private driver but can't seem to find something in-between. We are planning on booking a couple of walking tours and using the metro to get to various sites we'd like to explore in depth. I've read various review and researched some links provided but can't seem to find the one I'm looking for. If anyone has any recent luck with this type of sightseeing, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

Foxity tours offer a 1 and a half hour tour that might suit, the buses have an open top second level ..like the HOHO.

Or you can get a day-pass with them and will then have 6 stops (only) to get you to several sights.

foxity.com/paris-sightseeing-tour-by-bus/par…

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
874 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

thanks for the help, will look at that one.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
3,178 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

Consider the Batobus. Eight major sightseeing destinations. Review their web site for specifics. Happy travels!

LIncoln, NE
Level Contributor
874 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

I had looked at the Batobus's website, but unless I'm missing something, their dates only go to the 2nd of September and we'll be in Paris Sept. 26th. I haven't contacted them as to why, so will do so. Thanks for the help.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

The Batobus is really just a water taxi, not a tour at all.

Highly recommend the Foxity tour. It covers a LOT of scenery, back and forth over the Seine via several bridges. Terrific views from seats on the open air upper deck. (Though, unlike the l'Opentour buses, there are windows that slide over in case of unexpected showers and they're heated, too.)

L'Opentour definitely offers routes (four of them) that are circuitous. If the weather is favorable, the routes are a terrific way to enjoy even more scenery and also get around to the major sights and attractions without having to figure our the transit routes or tickets.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,869 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

Batobus operates year-round, but the schedule changes. Unlike on the one-hour sightseeing boat cruises, there is no commentary.

batobus.com/english/Batobus-navettes-promena…

7. Re: Paris sightseeing tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:16