We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conversation Workshops in Paris

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Conversation Workshops in Paris

Hello all,

I am currently living/studying in Paris and looking to take a one month conversation workshop in June as a “breather” after the intense pace of spring semester. I have found one at Alliance Francaise, 6 hrs/week (2 days x 3 hrs), and Paris Langues, 4 hours (2 days x 2 hrs). Has anyone taken this workshop at either school (or elsewhere in Paris) and what was your experience like? How much of the class time was spent on actual instruction versus one-on-one attention versus practice among students? I am leaning towards AF, but I am concerned about a lack of individualized attention as their classes can have as many as 20 students.

Also, I am a (slightly) older student at 31 and am wondering if during the summer, I should expect to be in a class full of college-age students, or if there are schools that are known for having an older student population?

Thanks kindly to all who respond! SoHoll

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Alliance
Alliance
297 Reviews
Paris, France
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Conversation Workshops in Paris

Hi all, I'm going to modify my query slightly (and bump up this post in the process). For those of you who have attended Alliance Francaise, was your experience positive/negative, and in particular, your xp with the oral workshop? I realized after writing my 1st post that most people would have taken the full course (which includes an oral and/or written workshop) rather than only a workshop, but the oral class is the same, either way. I should register by next week for June, so your thoughts are most welcome! Regards, SoHoll

Mentioned in this post
Alliance
Alliance
297 Reviews
Paris, France
California
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conversation Workshops in Paris

Hi again, SoHoll~~

Here's another thread for you to read! Maybe Waytogogirl, Silvertiger and some of the others will hop in here and help you out--

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k58264…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Conversation Workshops in Paris

AnnetteCinCA~ thanks again for posting a helpful thread! I did a forum search and somehow skipped over this one. It is certainly giving me second thoughts about going to AF! ~SoHoll

4. Re: Conversation Workshops in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 13:16