We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice looking comfortable shoes

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Nice looking comfortable shoes

We'll be visiting in July. Most of our trips have been to Disney World where I only wore shorts, tshirts and sneakers. I'm hoping to wear sundresses and comfy skirts while visiting Paris. My concern is shoes. With sundresses at home, I'd wear flip flops but they won't be sturdy enough for walking the streets of Paris for hours.

Now, I've used the search engine and I"ve read all the posts I can find on shoes but most people recommend shoes that will work with pants. I'm looking for CUTE flats or sandals that are comfortable and would look nice with a casual sundress or skirt. I've seen the recommendation for Keens and other similar shoes and my size 9 feet would look ridiculous in these while wearing a sundress.

Do cute but comfortable shoes exist? I have to buy something as I don't own anything other than flipflops or sneakers so I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

I twisted my ankle during my first hour in Paris last year, so I was extremely glad I had packed my FitFlops. They're like very fancy flip flops. I wore them all over Paris, to everything but Le Jules Verne. Mine have black sequins all over them and imho would be fine with a casual sundress. There are some very cute styles on amazon.com

but yes, cute/comfy shoes exist. It's worth going to a few stores and trying different things on. Several of my friends swear by Fluevogs, so I have a super cute pair arriving on Monday that I'm excited to try. I have also had good luck with Bjorns and Clarks

www.thewalkingcompany.com/sandals-womens

There are some more brands. A lot of people here swear by Ecco.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,583 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

I found some cute sandals last year at Easy Spirit - not usually my style, but was able to do tons of walking in them.

Tracie - you ordered some Fluevogs? I'm extremely jealous. I drooled - and took photos, the first time I saw the Fluevog store in San Francisco. But the prices...

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

For my feet, it's Naots and Clark's sandals. But everyone's feet are different. What's comfortable on me might be torture for you. Have a look at Zappo's website. They have so many shoes, you'll be spoiled for choice. Even if you don't buy from there, you'll see what's out there.

But yes, there are lots of cute summer sandals that will stand up to all the walking you'll do in Paris.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,497 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

It's hard to find shoes that are "cute" and comfortable, since most standards of cuteness in shoes correlate strongly with the amount of damage and injury they can do to feet.

I recommend light hiking boots, which will treat your feet very well. If you have to cut your visit short due to blisters or other foot problems, having cute shoes to wear will not matter.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

I usually wear Skechers biker shoes. They're both cute and comfortable (especially for lots of walking). But while in Paris, I wore everything from a pair of Fossil flats (which turned out to be more comfortable than I would have imagined) to Keds to Converse. It really depends on what YOU are comfortable spending hours on your feet in.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

F1racegirl, I just got these, as a present from Hubby :-) They arrive Monday and I can't wait to see if they actually fit and are as comfy as they are purported to be.

www.fluevog.com/code/…

ETA I don't usually spend that much on shoes - or myself. But Hubby wanted me to have a splurge, especially if it's comfy shoes.

Edited: 09 March 2013, 18:57
Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,583 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

Tracie, those are crazy amazing shoes. Can't wait to see how comfy they are.

Your husband is amazing too!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,101 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

He's pretty awesome! He wanted to buy me Fluevogs in Boston in September, but I just couldn't let him do it, considering he had just taken me on such an expensive trip. Apparently I got over it :-P

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

Ok, so these fluevogs are absolutely NOT what I was thinking of but my goodness, they're adorable! LOL I might have to try and see if I can find them in Canada and see how comfortable they are. I'm chasing three kids so heels of any kind weren't in my radar as 'comfortable' shoes. I'd try them though.

I'll have to have a look for fitflops and I'll more into the Sketchers. I know I can get those here. I'm planning on buying a pair of Keds. If I can't wear them there, I"ll definitely get wear out of them at home. Just did a search for naots and there are some cute ones out here. They have a Canadian website but their store locator doesn't list any Canadian stores. I've emailed so we'll see if there's anyone locally that sells them (or a Cdn company that ships them).

Euromanic, I know you're very serious but your post made me smile. I can tell you that I'd likely wear my sneakers (very high quality for running) with a sundress before I'd wear hiking boots with one :-)

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice looking comfortable shoes

Just found a store in Ottawa that sells Fluvogs! I seriously doubt I'll be spending that much on a pair of shoes but its worth checking them out so see what they have. Still haven't found Naot sellers yet.

Any other suggestions for brands I should be looking for?