We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to get refund

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Unable to get refund

Hi Guys!

It's been two weeks since I left a terrible hotel in Paris, I am unable to get ahold of the hotel for a refund. They won't respond to my emails or anything. Any advice guys?

Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,575 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to get refund

First you will have to give more information. Which hotel. What was the problem. Did you cancel in time, did you prepay a discount rate ( which are known to be non refundable and clearly shown that on booking sites and websites I have seen)

You left without a refund, I do not understand.. I think perhaps you prepaid the whole stay? If you prepaid the whole stay then you may be out of luck.

As I said, for us to provide anymore advice you will have to provide more details.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unable to get refund

My advice would be to explain what the problem is.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to get refund

Er, Joanie as 'we' said. Please stop trying to steal all the limelight....

;-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,086 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unable to get refund

If you walk out of a hotel, you generally have no legal right to a refund.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,679 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to get refund

If you paid by credit card, perhaps you can dispute the charge.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Unable to get refund

Hi Guys,

The hotel was the Hotel de Lille-Louvre. I booked on the budgethotels website and prepaid for 5 nights. The owner said he would refund 2/5 nights as we had stayed a night and a day plus a one night cancellation penalty. We left them with our banking information (swift code, accounting number) etc (no IBAN because we don't use them in Canada). We have not received it yet. I think disputing the charges with the credit card is the best option! agreed?

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unable to get refund

Why wouldn't the hotel just credit your credit card? I would have insisted that they do this before I left.

I can't imagine them paying the fees to send you an international wire transfer.

And you could post a review here on TA: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d194229…

Edited: 10 March 2013, 01:33
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unable to get refund

If you booked and paid through an independent booking agency you may just have to wait. It's possible the hotel is negotiating with the booking site to get their refund also. The hotel obviously had to get their payment through a system so that could be the issue.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 03:13
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,679 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unable to get refund

What was the cancellation policy? It should be mentioned on booking confirmation.

I would try to dispute charge, if owner promised a refund.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,060 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unable to get refund

Are you writing about the Hotel de Lille ... the one in Rue de Pelican? The one with a TA rating No. 1,738 out of 1,818 Hotels in Paris? And with 35 reviews of "Terrible" ?