We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to drive from Montparnasse to Reims?

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
How long to drive from Montparnasse to Reims?

Hi,

I know we could TGV to Reims, but we are also considering whether to pick up our hire car a day earlier and drive. If we left Montparnasse by 8am (Wednesday) how long is it likely to take? Google maps says 149KM or 90mins, but that sounds a bit optimistic to me.

Mentioned in this post
Reims
Reims
Marne, France
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,096 Reviews
Paris, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to drive from Montparnasse to Reims?

You can get driving directions, fairly realistic times, and estimated costs (fuel and tolls) from www.viamichelin.com which is usually better than Google, and in this case suggests a driving time of 75 minutes.

Considering that all but 10 km of the journey is on autoroute with a speed limit of 130 km/h, this might be possible if there is no other traffic. As you will be driving out of Paris when most people are driving in, you might make this sort of time.

Bear in mind, however, that a TGV will take you from Gare de l'Est to Reims in 45 minutes, and that driving out of Paris from Gare Montparnasse is not something I would recommend if you are not used to driving on the right.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
TGV
TGV
1,308 Reviews
Paris, France
La Gare
La Gare
1,299 Reviews
Paris, France
Reims
Reims
Marne, France
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,096 Reviews
Paris, France
2. Re: How long to drive from Montparnasse to Reims?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 04:17