We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

children in paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham,england
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
children in paris

I am going to paris in august for 6 days. i will be travelling with my husband, a friend and 4 children (2 aged 10 and 2 aged 13) Any ideas of good places to visit for the children inbetween the ususal tourist places.Also any good places to eat, we will be staying in the latin quarter. many thanks.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: children in paris

There are numerous carousels throughout the city and there are pony rides in the Jardin du Luxembourg.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: children in paris

My 9 yr. old would say that you absolutely have to take them to the Jardin d'Acclimmatation, an amusement park in the Bois de Boulogne. There is an elaborate playground there, some rides and even a museum for the toddler set.

USA
Level Contributor
27,105 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: children in paris

In addition to the many carousels scattered all over the city, and the pony rides at Luxembourg, there are pony rides at a few other Paris parc as well as GUINGOL, marrionette theatres

You can check the Ville de Paris web site for PARCS & JARDIN--

www.paris.fr/portail/accueil/Portal.lut…

Use the French-language version of the site for more detailed information.

Tomah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
473 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: children in paris

My 9- and 11-year-old's favorite site in Paris was the Eiffel Tower. We hiked up the stairs the first day, and then went back at night and took the elevator to the top. I know it's touristy - but this was their all-time highlight of the city.

Coeur D'alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
579 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: children in paris

Just in case your kids may be a little too old for carousels at 13 and 10 (mine would have been), you may want to check out the Catacombs. My kids, 13 and 14, loved them last summer. If your kids are especially claustrophobic, I wouldn't suggest it, but it's a great way to combine history with something that kids might consider "fun". To an adult, it can be a quite moving experience -- you follow an underground path below the streets of Paris that's filled with the bones of 6.5 million people, all stacked neatly in various combinations. It's dark, so take a flashlight, but it's interesting for adults and kids alike.

This website will give you a better idea

http://triggur.org/cata/

As the above poster suggests, you also can't go wrong with the Eiffel Tower. My kids loved looking through the telescopes on top.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: children in paris

Also, there is the carousel and the boat racing in the Tuileries. And I second the catacombes--great idea!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,476 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: children in paris

My 14 yr old boy loved the Catacombs. That and the Effiel Tower were highlights.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: children in paris

We went to Paris end of April for 7 days (2 adults, 3 kids). A highlight was our trip to Eurodisney were we all had a fantastic time. We spent 2 days there, commuting by train from Paris. Get there early to avoid queues, both to enter park and to get on the rides.

Also heard about an Asterix Park outside Paris, but did not have time to go.

nottingham,england
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: children in paris

Many thanks to everyone who has replied. Lots of useful ideas.First time i have asked a question. Brilliant !

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: children in paris

Here are some good ideas:

The carnival at the Tuileries Gardens. This is open in the summer months, and offers carnival staples such as a ferris wheel, merry-go-round, cotton candy and carnival games.

Parc Monceau’s playground in the 8th arrondissement.

The Eiffel Tower, especially at night when it sparkles with lights.

The Batobus, a bus that makes stops up and down the Seine river.

A lot of fun for kids and a great alternative to the metro.

Parc de la Villette and its child-friendly science museum.

Canal St. Martin cruise

Jardin des Plantes, a great zoo in the 5th arrondissement near the Seine.

Jardin d’Acclimation, an unique and relaxed amusement park in the Bois de Boulogne

Les