We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalys - rejecting card?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Thalys - rejecting card?

Hi all - I am a bit peeved. The Thalys website on Friday rejected my Visa Signature credit card (I have more than enough credit available) and when I called my bank, they said they did not see the charge come through at all. They just did not see it on their end. I informed my bank that I would try to purchase again, so please allow this vendor to go through if they do see it. I tried again today (more than 24 hours later), and again my card has been rejected.

Does anyone have any recommendations? My bank doesn't even see it come through on their end. The Thalys website shows me a page saying "The payment will be authenticated by 3d Secure...." and then it says Card Rejected.

The price from Friday to today went up 20 euro (10 euro a person) so I'm hoping it doesn't increase much more when we are in Paris. Trying to book for April 19, Paris to Brussels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited: 26 March 2013, 17:24
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,558 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

This always happens to me on Thalys but I always manage to get it done in the end. Call your bank and make sure a foreign transaction will be approved (as you do when you travel) Then use another computer, or erase cookies on this one, or use a different card. Once a card is rejected, it often will not be accepted for 24 hours.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

Standard practice. Booking on RailEurope or Thalys. Go through the process and right at the very end just as the booking is made the card gets rejected.

Happens to me every time and every time the booking has actually gone through.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

Henneth - what do you mean it's gone through? Do you get an email confirming it? I don't see a charge on my card so I don't think mine has gone through. How do you know yours has gone through?

Janet - thanks for that tip. I've been trying it from my work computer - I'll try it tonight using another card and my home computer. And then if not, I will wake up bright and early tomorrow to call Thalys. I've emailed them, but I'm not sure they can do much to fix the issue over email now that I think about it.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 19:29
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

The first time I went through this pantomime I phoned up RailEurope and they said it had gone through, a couple if days later the charge showed up as being taken from my account.

These days when faced with the "rejected card" kerfuffle I just wait 48 hours and the money finally gets transferred.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

< Trying to book for April 19, Paris to Brussels >

If the other suggestions don't work, you could try the Belgian Rail site http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,992 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

There is a great deal of very helpful advice about this on the Rail Travel forum.

The advice is usually to wait 24 hours and try again

Sometimes, the site will accept a direct debit card but not a credit card.

Another tip is for American travellers to enter "Antarctica" as your country of origin. This avoids automatic transfer to RailEurope which is actually an agent and not a railway network. The experts on the Rail Travel forum always advise travellers to book direct with the country's individual rail company and thus avoid paying over-the-odds for the ticket.

www.seat61.com is where you will find a lot of useful information from "The Man in Seat 61"

Edited: 26 March 2013, 21:06
san francisco
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago; three credit cards rejected and when I called Chase and Citi they showed no attempted charges. I don't think the Thalys website will accept US credit cards for some reason. I was able to make my reservation and buy the ticket with no problem at all via this website (I think it's French Rail):

http://www.b-europe.com/Travel/Trains/Thalys

Neenah, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

I had same problem (for days). Finally called them & had tickets emailed to me within 10 minutes.

Might try taht route.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

Strangest thing EVER - I went to the website just now from my husband's PC - the screen looked slightly different from when I used it at work (the passenger info was in the right hand side, etc). I even had the option to use PayPal this time, but all forum posters have advised against it due to their ridiculous rates, so I chose to use my Visa; when I clicked to go to the page where I entered my CC info, it was a new page - in French, thank god for 7 years of French studying. I kept my fingers crossed as I typed in my credit card info and VOILA - it went through (had to use Google translate to be extra sure). I am so happy it worked!

Colin & Sfromma - I got redirected to that website interestingly from Thalys as soon as I typed my origin/destination - I didn't even realize it was a different website.

I am SO happy this has all been booked. Thanks everyone for your help.

And since I read a million threads on this, just an FYI - I'm using Chrome. I've read others who have said not to use Chrome, to use Explorer, but I used Chrome and it was fine. I honestly think that due to the place I work and them having super high security, that is what may have caused the issue (I always tried to book from work.)

10. Re: Thalys - rejecting card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:16