We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay

Hi,

I am visiting Paris for one week in September and it is my first time so I want to see all the main sights like the Eiffel Tower, Lourve etc etc.

Where would you recommend I stay so that it is easy for me to explore these places (preferably walking distance). I also want somewhere safe!

After any suggestions!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay

What is your budget elm93? If money is no object go for Saint-Germain-des-Prés/Saint-Michel. If more budget orientated I stay in the 2nd near to Rue Montorgueil (Bonne-Nouvelle) , which is about 10-15 minutes walk to the Seine whilst being busy and bustling in itself.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay

I'm going with a friend but am hoping not to go over the $1000 accommodation mark ($500pp for 6 nights). But at the same time I want somewhere central so we can explore easily! And also busy at night! I don't want to travel backpacker style!

I will check out your suggestions though!

I did want to stay close to the Eiffel Tower but I have heard it isn't all it's cracked up to be?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
550 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay

Elm93,

Here is a link to a recent similar question. The Latin Quarter I think would suite your needs very well. But you can stay in any single numbered digit district and you will be fine. Paris is a very safe city overall(its when you get to the outer districts is where you need to be careful, and you wont be going to those spots anyway, most likely)Your budget you listed is that for your portion for the room only?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k1005-…

4. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:17