We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

I found out that Google Street View goes along the Seine and it looks like it might be a nice walk from the Louvre to the E.T. It looks like a safe enough walk (except for the homeless people sleeping under some of the bridges). Has anyone done it? About how long would it take?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

Yes, it is a pleasant walk and would take you about 50 mins to do. Paris is a safe city, this is a walk through it's busy centre and I work daily with homeless people and in general they're pretty safe, too ;)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

It's a fantastic walk and a great way to see the city, especially the beautiful bridges. There is nothing unsafe about it unless you are planing on doing this at 2am or something... And even then its not that bad.

It takes a good hour, maybe longer if you cross cross the bridges.

Oh and it's one of the worlds most romantic walks!!!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
129 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

We have done this walk dozens of times........morning, noon and night. Very safe and wonderful experience - a great way to walk off the calories from the great French meals and wines!

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

It looks like a nice afternoon stroll. I was surprised that Google Street View would have images on a pedestrian walkway? I thought those cameras were mounted only on cars?

5. Re: Walking the Seine from Louvre to the Eiffel Tower.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:16