We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

I will be traveling to Paris in June (16-22) for training and business meetings, arriving Sunday morning, and leaving Saturday. My company is paying for my hotel Sunday to Friday - the Pullman Paris Montparnasse. I will need to pay for my own hotel for Friday night, and I'm not very high maintenance. I'm hoping I can find a room for half the Pullman rate (which is, according to my training invite, 325 euros). Is this realistic? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to stay in the same neighbourhood if possible to make the hotel switch easier. I'm a woman in my 30's with a husband who is staying home but concerned about my safety.

In case it's not obvious, this will be my first time in Paris (and I am SO excited!)

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

Check the rate directly with the hotel. Rates through business travel agencies tend to be marked up significantly, especially for extra nights. Also check Expedia, etc., as sometimes you can find special rate for chain hotels.

Changing hotels would consume some time - packing, checking out, getting from one to the next, checking in (and you may have to store your bags and not have access to the room until later).

In the alternative, there are plenty of more modestly prices hotels nearby. Use Google maps and search nearby.

If the company is paying for a taxi to CDG, great. Otherwise, you may want to choose a hotel within an easy walk of the Air France coach stop (which is right across the street from the Pullman).

You'll be just fine and feel safe and comfortable in that area. As a woman, when visiting Paris alone (or even not alone), I much prefer the buses to the metro and, especially, avoid the gigantic stations with endless walkways, hallways, stair...like Montparnasse. Right in front of the station is a "depot" with buses to all over, though some routes have stop even closer to the Pullman.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

According to the Pullman Paris Montparnasse website, the rate for Friday, June 22nd can be as low as 284.27 USD. For 311.16 USD, you get a room upgrade + breakfast. Both rates are considerably less than the 325 Euros you mentioned.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

The reason why the Pullman is so expensive from the 16 - 20th is because its the Paris Air Show and the hotels whack on a premium to stay over these dates. Maybe thats why you are there?? After the Paris Air Show rates will indeed drop but its still high season and one of the most expensive periods to stay in a hotel in Paris. There are plenty of hotel very close to the Pullman. Novotel and Concorde Montparnasse are very close and usually cheaper than the Pullman.

4. Re: Paris for business - need a hotel for one extra night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 07:15