We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at the Eiffel Tower

1 post
Save Topic
Eating at the Eiffel Tower

We (a group of girlfriends) are deciding about eating at the Eiffel Tower in 58 Tour Eiffel.

1. Do you think it is worth it?

2. Does the seating for the Opera menu give you a good view or do you really need to go with the service premier which gives 'privileged seating in the main room'

3. Is the Lounge just as enjoyable?

We don't have a great expectation of the food - it is more about the easier access to the upper levels and the overall experience.

We have about 8 women who are thinking of doing this dinner so your help is appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating at the Eiffel Tower

Hi,

I am sure you will get some responses from people who have experienced this recently.

I have just (about an hour ago) booked a 9.00pm sitting for my wife and I for June at 58 Tour Eiffel, based on the suggestion of a friend who just returned having eaten there a couple of weeks ago.

She is a reasonably well qualified, quite experienced Chef here in Australia, having worked in many fine establishments. Her opinion was that the food was "great", the price "pretty reasonable for what you get" and the experience " unforgettable".

That was good enough for me to give it a go. Now I just hope the weather is kind to us!

My understanding is that you still need to purchase another lift ticket to get beyond Level 2 even though you have booked dinner on Level 1. To get to the top, ie Champagne Bar, I think the additional ticket is €6 per person - I'm sure someone will clarify that if it is incorrect.

I look forward to other TA posters comments as well.

Edited: 06 April 2013, 22:24
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating at the Eiffel Tower

I'm considering the same questions. Anyone been to this restaurant for dinner on the Opera menu? Most reviewers seem to have paid for the more expensive option so can't find many opinions about the Opera menu for dinner.

3. Re: Eating at the Eiffel Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 07:17