We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Hi,

This is my first trip to schengen (Europe), I am currently working in UK (Non European) and plans to visit paris in June for which I need to apply for schengen visa and have few questions:

1) what should be my dates for visa: I am traveling by bus in night on 2nd June and would reach Paris on 3rd June?

2) I have booked my accommodation from internet does internet booking confirmation is sufficient along with my bus booking tickets?

3)Also I have take travel insurance online and have received soft copy of my insurance. Will the print out be sufficient to get my schengen visa?

Thanks,

Ravi

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

< what should be my dates for visa: I am traveling by bus in night on 2nd June and would reach Paris on 3rd June? >

2nd June to the day of your departure from France - but you will have to indicate your travel arrangements on the visa application form, and the Consulate will put the appropriate period of validity on your visa. It will normally be valid for the length of your trip + 15 extra days.

< is internet booking confirmation sufficient along with my bus booking tickets? >

Yes - unless the Consulate asks you for another type of confirmation.

< I have take travel insurance online .... Will the print out be sufficient to get my schengen visa? >

Yes - unless the Consulate asks you for something different.

http://ambafrance-uk.org/Visas,21435

Read the website carefully - follow all the relevant links.

ambafrance-uk.org/Do-you-need-a-visa,21436

ambafrance-uk.org/How-and-where-to-apply-for…

ambafrance-uk.org/What-type-of-visa-to-apply…

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

You will pass through French passport control in Dover or at the Eurotunnel terminal at Folkestone, depending of which route the bus takes. So that is the relevant time. The bus company may well also require that you have the appropriate documentation so 2nd would be right.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Thank for your reply,

Can you also let me know what date should be my date of departure on visa application form given that I have booked Megabus leaving at 23:00 hrs (5th June) from Paris? would date of departure be 5th or 6th June?

PS: I have booked hotel i.e. check in on 3rd June and check out on 5th june.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

< Can you also let me know what date should be my date of departure on visa application form ... would date of departure be 5th or 6th June? >

I would put the actual date, i.e. 5th June. You will also be providing evidence of your travel plans (your Megabus booking) and the consular officer who deals with your application will see this and date your visa accordingly.

In any case, a Schengen visa is normally dated to be valid for 15 days after your planned date of departure. If you state that you are leaving Paris on 5th June, your visa will probably be valid until 20th June.

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Hi Ravi.. Can you let me know if you got Schengen visa by showing the megabus Bus tickets.I am also about to apply for Schengen visa , but not sure if we can show bus tickets or not.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

< I am also about to apply for Schengen visa , but not sure if we can show bus tickets or not. >

You will probably have to show proof of your travel plans. A plane or train ticket would be acceptable, so I don't see why a long-distance bus ticket for the same journey would not be.

It would also be possible to travel by private car, and in that case there would of course be no tickets at all.

Raipur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Hello, I have a singe entry Schengen visa. I hope it is sufficient if we travel by bus from london to Paris... once we pass the French passport control i.e. enter schengen region we don't go outside the schengen region till we reach PAris...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Once you enter the Schengen area, you are in the Schengen area. There is nothing "non-Schengen" between French Immigration control and Paris.

Raipur, India
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

Thank you for your prompt response Sydneynick. Also can you please tell me the route Megabus takes from London to PAris.... it it via the eurotunnel ? Thanks - Jack

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,060 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Schengen Visa: traveling by bus London to Paris

I have no idea of the route taken by the bus.