We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

Hello

My husband and I are going to Paris in Sep for four full days. We want to see it all. What area is the best place to stay and what hotel is closest to Metro? Were hoping not to pay over 250 per night. Any restaurant recomendations close to metro?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
623 Reviews
from US$51.30*
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Tickets with Lunch...
150 Reviews
from US$58.80*
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

The first thing I would say is that, with 4days, you can't possibly see it all. So I would form your itinerary very carefully. Prioritize exactly what you and your husband want to see, knowing you'll only be able to see 2 and possibly 3 major sites per day. Given that there are hundreds of things to see in Paris, you see the need for prioritization.

I don't know if you mean 250 euros or Canadian dollars, nor do I know the exchange rate, so I'll throw out the Henri IV on the r. St. Jacques in the 5th. Close to the river, very central with hundreds of restaurants on your doorstep.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hotel Saint-Jacques
Hotel Saint-Jacques
1,023 Reviews
Paris, France
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

You can't "see it all" in four days, there is no best place to stay and there are many hotels that are close to Metro stations. As Happy said, prioritize what you want to see, get a guidebook and a good map of Paris and go from there.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

Agree with above.

With only four days, you may want to figure out those places you plan to go during your visit with a highlighter and a one page map of Paris, to help determine where it would be best for you to stay.

There are metro stops all over Paris, all with plenty of restaurants and hotels within steps.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,113 posts
1,101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

The Hotel Europe Saint Severin is very centrally located and is close to the St Michel Metro station. It is a decent hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Europe Saint Severin
Hotel Europe Saint...
1,056 Reviews
Paris, France
St Michel
St Michel
25 Reviews
Paris, France
Queensland
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

You have two posts open with the same title and info. I have also posted in that one. This is what I said:

Hi frequentTraveller, you ask many questions that really can't be answered. Paris is covered in metro lines and there are so many metro stations. I think you should start looking at a guidebook to get the layout of the city and see where all the musuems, gardens, and other sites are. Regardless of which hotel you decide on you will never be close to all attractions.

Also, you don't want to spend over 250 what a night? Euro, pound, CA$, AU$, US$? You need to specify and should specify in Euro as that is what a hotel will charge you in.

On Trip Advisor alone there is over 1800 hotels rated and over 9200 restaurants rated. They are possibly all close the metro, but which one?!

Also in 4 days (do you mean 4 nights, in which case you will have 3 full days) you won't see it all. You really really need a good guidebook to get you started and then we can help you once you have more of a plan.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 02:30
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

You definitely have a good budget and can find something nice in the center. If you look, for example, at the Millesime in the 6th, you will have many metro stations nearby and access to lines 4 and 10 (at Odeon). You'll also be near the RER at St Michel. You will be well located and can walk to Notre Dame and the Louvre, as well as to the Luxembourg Gardens. It's not far from the Henry V and the St Severin, which are also good suggestions.

But "the center" can mean many places--parts of the 1st near the Louvre, for example. And the 9th is a good transportation hub around Opera. So it kind of depends on the atmosphere you want, etc. But St Germain is great, IMO, for a first time and fairly short visit,

Mentioned in this post
Luxembourg Gardens
Luxembourg Gardens
30,363 Reviews
Paris, France
Millesime Hotel
Millesime Hotel
513 Reviews
Paris, France
Odeon Hotel
Odeon Hotel
596 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
293 Reviews
Paris, France
Hotel Saint Germain
Hotel Saint Germain
915 Reviews
Paris, France
St Michel
St Michel
25 Reviews
Paris, France
Saint Severin
Saint Severin
251 Reviews
Paris, France
Israel
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

If the 250 refers to Euros, I recommend Hotel Britannique, which is VERY centrally located.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Britannique
Hotel Britannique
1,601 Reviews
Paris, France
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

But whether your 250 is $$ CDN or euros you ain't going to get the 'best hotel' in town! ;^)

Barnsley
Level Contributor
60 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg. RER train from airport to front door. Metro and bus stop outside hotel door. Ideal position next to Luxembourgh Park. We saw everything we wanted to in 4 days. If your not going until September, just take your time, do your research and you will make the correct choice for you.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg
Hotel Observatoire...
987 Reviews
Paris, France
Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel in Paris that is close to metro & in the center

Ok so far i have Notre Dame church, Versailles Palace, Arc de Triomphe, Jardin d 'Accllimitation, the Bateux Parisen River Cruise and Eiffel tower. I dont know what street is closest but i hear Rue de Francs Bourgeious is good and so is Street Marcais Saint Germaine de Pres. 250 euros for hotel

Mentioned in this post
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
37,054 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
118,204 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France