We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment opinions please

Brisbane
Level Contributor
129 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
apartment opinions please

Hi, we are a family of 5 :- 3 adults- myself, my husband and my mother ( a fit 60 year old) and our 2 daughters aged 16 and 13. We will be travelling to Paris in December and January for 26 nights and are looking at apartment options. Would really appreciate your thoughts on locations in particular. As we are staying for a reasonable time, I don't believe we will have to rush around to see the main attractions (should be able to cover major tourist sites during our stay), and are really hoping to experience the food and culture. Therefor, may not need to be right in the centre of the city. Main requirements for us are being close to public transport and access to fresh food markets/stores. We will be likely to return to the apartment after dark, so thoughts on safety also appreciated. I have put links to some apartments we are considering, but am likely to post some more in the next couple of days. cost is for the 26 nights.

Many thanks in advance

feelslikehomeinparis.com/paris-vacation-rent… Euros 5150

feelslikehomeinparis.com/paris-vacation-rent… euros 5050

alacarte-paris-apartments.com/St-Germain-Cla… Euros 6090

alacarte-paris-apartments.com/St-Germain-Ele… Euros 6930

holidays-france-rentals.com/apartments/…133 Euros 7985

holidays-france-rentals.com/apartments/…95 Euros 6500

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_124.htm

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_142.htm

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment opinions please

This is just my opinion ... you did ask... Poor Mum is stuck being the only one without her own space. I'm presuming it's going to be Mum if you have a 2 bedder. If you are there for a number of weeks I would want everyone to have a bit of privacy.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment opinions please

Three bedders are rarish in Paris but they can be found...

http://www.vrbo.com/438551

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Brisbane
Level Contributor
129 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment opinions please

Mum will be sharing a room with my eldest daughter. Youngest daughter will be sleeping on the sofa. However, we would love to find a 3 bed apartment, just seem to be very rare. The 5th link- Montparnasse is a 3 bedroom.

Thanks able58 I will check your link.

Still would appreciate thoughts on apartments listed.

Mentioned in this post
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,094 Reviews
Paris, France
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment opinions please

I like a few of your selection, the Montparnasse is a good apartment but to me lacks that "Parisian" thingy. I always think I can stay at a generic looking hotel/apartment anywhere at home so when I go to Paris (or Rome etc) I like to sort of find a place that oozes local style and flavor. So that's what I look for, a bit of French traditional style .... and a washer/dryer. If you are wanting to be near a good market the Bastille Markets are just beautiful so if you are close to the centre of the Bastille area you will have easy access.

Mentioned in this post
Montparnasse
Montparnasse
1,094 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment opinions please

I love this one

alacarte-paris-apartments.com/St-Germain-Cla… Euros 6090

location fabulous. the windows in the apartment are amazing.

Be careful of the ones in Montmartre. Some parts are good and others near Pigale, no so good.

you can always use google map (if you have a street name) to see what the area is like.

Mentioned in this post
Montmartre
Montmartre
15,490 Reviews
Paris, France
West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment opinions please

Unless I am missing it, Vacation in Paris #124 does not appear to have a washing machine. For me - especially for such a long stay - that would be an immediate deal-breaker. Maybe for a short stay, I could just about tolerate hand-washing a few bits of underwear and socks, but for a stay of nearly 4 weeks, you will need to wash jeans/trousers/jumpers/cardigans, probably several times each. That particular apartment also looks rather spartan and basic compared to the others on your list.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
12,028 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment opinions please

OK... HERE WE GO

1- living area very small

2- too far out

3- quite nice

4- nice, but where does everyone sit in the living area, only one sofa and chair

5- Don't like Montparse at all

6- OK , sort of alright

7- " ditto No6 "

8- furniture looks uncomfortable .. I think I see a futon.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: apartment opinions please

parisvacationapartments.com/index.php/our-ap…

This company has 3 bedroom apts. We've used them twice and have been pleased with their service.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: apartment opinions please

Hi muskie, we have booked to stay in the St Germain Elegance (family of 4) in mid July. If this is not too late I am happy to be in contact and let you know how we got on? You may want to have it booked before then - just a thought! I liked that it had a little bit of extra living space in the second bedroom - and the position (190 Boulevard Saint Germain) is just so central to most things.

Aussieleigh (Melbourne)

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: apartment opinions please

Muskie:

Second Chrisky's suggestion about Paris Vacation Apartments. Have stayed with them previously and booked again for next spring (same apartment we stayed in previously). Definitely not "cheap" but lovely properties, all with computers, WIFI and washers/dryers. Palais Royal is lovely. Louvre 3-5 minutes away. Great people and great service.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Palais Royal
Palais Royal
463 Reviews
Paris, France