We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Free View of Paris

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Great Free View of Paris

I recently visited Paris and discovered the top floor of the Galleria Lafayette offers a great view of Paris. Take the eslators all the way to the top and you can go outside on the roof. There is a seasonal restaurant up there as well, however, it was not open yet. The mall is also quite impressive with a beautiful stained glass cupola in the center.

Paris
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Free View of Paris

About the Cupola, next time you'll be in Paris, try "Le Printemps". Its cupola is much more amazing than Lafayette one. (to me :o) )

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Free View of Paris

Redsoxrule, I wasn't aware of the seasonal restaurant when I was up on that roof. I did take some pictures of what looked almost like a penthouse with a terrace; perhaps that was it.

There is a cafeteria just a floor or two below and I thought it was pretty good. The selection was great and what we had was very good and reasonably priced. There is just about everything you could want there... but the surprise is that the coffee is way on the other side of the great dining area. You buy a token for coffee when you pay for your meal and then you work the little machine yourself.

I also took a picture of Maxim's which is on one of the lower floors. I noticed that it is kind of pricey - compared to the cafeteria which is a real bargain!

I loved the inside of the Galeries - these days all the really big malls aspire to be elegant but this predates that trend!

CA
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Free View of Paris

There is a nicer view atop Printemps--the one to the west [Maison]--also a rooftop cafe. Good for picture taking in the AM with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

The store to the east [La Mode] is the one with the glass dome over Cafe Flo.

4. Re: Great Free View of Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 07:20