We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

Spending 6 days in Paris, from May 4, mostly on our own, before beginning a river cruise to Nice.

I don't see anything in forums that's recent about the Paris Visite Pass. Can we buy it when we arrive, or do we have to purchase in advance?

I coudn't find a Website with specifics on what it covers.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

tripadvisor.com/…48724277

The above is a discussion about it.

If you google Paris Visite pass thIs site comes up, from the RATP site.

ratp.fr/en/…

It explains what it covers and the cost.

Edited: 15 April 2013, 17:52
West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

The 5-day Paris Visite pass costs 33.70 euros per person.

A carnet of ten single-journey tickets costs 13.30 euros, that is 1.33 euros per journey.

So, to get value from the Paris Visite pass, a person would need to make, on average, at least 5 journeys per day. Most people do not make that many; however, for anybody who has mobility or stamina issues, or if you are staying further out (say, north Montmartre, or near Vincennes, for example) and your travel dates do not fit the Navigo Decouverte, then it could be worth getting.

There is no point in paying extra to have it posted to you; you can buy it in Paris if you think you will get the value from it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,425 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

there is almost no circumstance where the Visite is good value. perhaps if the trip bridges two weeks e.g. thursday to Tuesay or something like that, so the Navigo Decouverte doesn't work and one is living outside of Paris and commuting every day into Paris and then taking several bus or metro rides as well as trips to and from the airport it MIGHT be cost effective but probably not. if you have one day trip that is to zone 5 then a Mobilis for that day is probably cost effective. otherwise the Navigo D if you are there in 6 days between a Monday and Sunday and the carnet of ordinary tickets otherwise

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

Personally, I prefer the convenience of the Paris Visite pass. Especially as we will be mostly be travelling by buses this trip. For the extra few Euro, I feel it's worth it. As we will be there for 8 days this year, the 5 day & 3 day pass will work out perfectly.

I also have some mobility issues, arthritis & often we do make 5 or 6 trips in a day, to save walking too far.

5. Re: paris visite pass -- is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 06:17