We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Healthy Salad places around Paris

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Healthy Salad places around Paris

Where can one eat a good salad in Paris. I am not a gourmet eater and prefer salads especially at lunch time. Can anyone recommend places to eat?

Moderate budget, could you recommend restaurant near Madeleine. thanks

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
548 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
658 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$121.30*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$123.80*
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

You'll find fantastic "composed" salads all over.

What do you mean by "healthy"???

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

You can find a salad (aren't they all "healthy"?) about every 5 feet in Paris. Try the Café La Madeleine if you want some history and ambience along with the lettuce.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
La Madeleine
La Madeleine
1,963 Reviews
Paris, France
El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

Sorry probably used the wrong word. Just a good salad with choice of dressings. really looking for simole lunch food not to elaborate nor expensiivd do not eat any fish thnaks

Allonsee
Level Contributor
888 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

Well, you won't get any choice of salad dressing in Paris, it's not the way it works.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

Not sure what simole lunch food means (autocorrect problem?), but no, you won't get to choose dressings in all likelihood. It's pretty much vinaigrette or vinaigrette.

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

Simple....

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

I don't really like salads in Paris. The best salads I've had were in Myrtle Beach, SC - full of veggies, dressing of choice on the side...That was the life....In Paris, it's usually a few sad soaked pieces of lettuce + lots of heavy toppings (esp hate salade nicoise - who and how came up with the egg & tuna combination?!)

(I'm ready to accept rotten tomatoes for publicly stating my dislikes ;-) I'll make myself a salad out of them).

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

There are indeed many new lunch spots that offer the kind of salad the OP may like. Either in a salad bar configuration like Pizza Rustica on rue Montorgueil www.pizzarustica.fr/ or like Lina's where you custom order a sandwich or salad. linasparis.com/nos-produits/… in all of these, you choose your own dressing. I seem to remember one on Lafayette near Drouot, one on Opera near Pyramide, one on 4 Septembre near Bourse...they are literally popping up all over. Also, Monop has pre-made salads, sometimes with mix or match dressings. At least you add your own rather than its being predressed.

There is a Lina's at 17 Malesherbes which is several blocks west of Madeleine.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 03:39
Mentioned in this post
Rue Montorgueil
Rue Montorgueil
614 Reviews
Paris, France
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,995 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

Nearly every street will have a couple of places with a salade composée. These will vary from the famous salade niçoise to much more original ideas. Many of them, however, will have fish involved. I do think you could order a salade niçoise sans le thon (tuna) and perhaps, sans vinaigrette. That would be a very healthy salad indeed.

One type of salad you'll encounter frequently is a lentil salad. It is extremely delicious and very healthy (high in fiber, B complex vitamins - and protein, all in one). These are made with a dressing (a sort of vinaigrette, they are made in advance and usually contain lardons (a very delicious French form of bacon bits that resemble in no way American bacon bits), but you wouldn't have to eat all the lardons if that is a problem.

Here is a blog about salads:

…blogspot.com/2008/03/salade-composee.html

Notice that two of the salads shown have fish, one has charcuterie and one has prawns - but one, shown with an arrow on the blog, features fruits. Naturally, you can also go into a grocery store and buy vegetables, as you can here. The thing is, the word "salade" comprises a very large category of items. It's fortunate, though, that nearly all French restaurants and cafés post their menus outside, all you need to do is salad-shop to find what you want.

Sans poisson may be a phrase you want to learn.

El Paso, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Healthy Salad places around Paris

thank you for the information. best regards