We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding Paris Visite card

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Question regarding Paris Visite card

Hi everyone, especially those resident à Paris

I am trying to weigh up the benefits of the Paris Visite Card against buying single tickets each day. We will need to travel from Gare du Nord to Neauple-le-chateau (Transilien to Plaisir- Grignon then bus into town) on arrival (a Thursday); the next day into Paris central for a bit of sightseeing (3rd time in Paris, just mopping up the Sights we haven't gotten to yet) then back via Gare St Quentin-en Yverlines to pick up a hire car and probably only myself by train into Paris Central and return on the third day while Mr Unclefay goes to a CBG festival. I was hoping to get to the Musée de L'éventails on the Friday.

I am not especially interested in the side benefits of the Carte (except mayhap the Galeries Lafayette offer...) but more the convenience of the card and cost effectiveness.

Thank you all for your help.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
502 Reviews
from US$72.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,183 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
789 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
628 Reviews
from US$73.80*
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding Paris Visite card

A Navigo Decouverte pass for zones 1-5 might serve you at a reasonable cost - - good for trains and bus throughout 5 zones, all methods within Paris itself. The pass runs Monday-Sunday, but you can still buy and load it for the same week on Thursdays. You need a small photo (2cm x 3cm) for the id card. The kit costs 5 euro, and the 5-zone pass costs 34.40 euro.

A one-day Mobilis ticket for 5-zones is 15.65 euro, and a 3-day Paris Visite for 5 zones is 47.25 euro, so the Navigo Decouverte is a better deal.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 12:12
2. Re: Question regarding Paris Visite card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:17