We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

My reservation was for April 27 and 28 but I did not go to get the car until April 28 at which time I was told I could still get the car but at approximately three times the quoted rate. I asked what’s the difference and she told me my reservation was cancelled and thats the walk in rate. I told her we will think about it and she demanded to know how long because she needed to go. I asked where she was going and she said to the restroom for 10 mins. I found that strange but I didn't care since I was trying to get Travelocity customer service on the phone. However, after 15 mins I told her two coworkers, Sylvie and a male coworker, that I would take the car and they said I had to wait for her and she will be back soon. When she returned, she and Sylvie went into the back and I told the male employee to get her because I wanted to leave. He did so and she came back and in a rude manner asked if we are ready now. She decided she would not attend to me when I told her I will report her behavior to Hertz. Needless to say, I was in shock that an international company such as this would employ people who behaved in this manner and they have not lost only one customer, but my two guests and our family and friends because we will never use Hertz again in France or in any country.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

Hello????

You did not honour the deal you booked to start with.......

The rest of your rant is so garbled, it is impossible to understand.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

If you don't show up to collect your car, the booking is cancelled and it is as if you had never made the booking.

But if you can't be bothered to press the ENTER key to break your rant into paragraphs, I can't be bothered to read more than the first few sentences.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

Did you warn them in any way that you would not be honouring your side of the contract? If not, sorry but it would be quite understandable that they would not be very accomodating!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,045 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

Not showing up to collect the vehicle on the 27th would, indeed, result in your booking being canceled.

I cannot imagine how Travelocity could have been of any assistance, since you did not honor your booking through them and needed to proceed with a new booking.

It's usually best to be kind and polite, no matter what, when you need/want someone to do something for you.

She did offer to take care of you before leaving for the rest room, but you made it clear to her that you intended to contact Travelocity instead.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

I bet she-who-doesn't-have-a-name was in shock at the ugly American.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

You were a no show on the day of your reservation and you were surprised that it was canceled? If you did that at a hotel they would also cancel your reservation and then resell your room to someone else. But, Hertz still had a car for you and when the agent wanted to book it for you, you told her no, you needed to think about it. So, she left you as you requested and went to do something else. Did you call Travelocity because you were trying to get your cheaper rate back or get a comparable rate with another company? It seems that you were angry and upset about the higher rate and the situation went downhill from there.

7. Re: Worst customer service at Hertz (by the louvre) in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 06:17