We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

I will be arriving in Paris St. Lazare around 4 or 5 and I'm trying to get a plane out of Charles de Gaulle around 7. Is that realistic? How long does it normally take to get there at that time of day and how long would I need in the airport considering I'm flying to Scotland?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

That's going to cut it very close. It takes about 30 mins from Saint Lazere to CDG. You would take Line 14, towards Olympiades and get off at Châtelet. Then take RER B towards the airport. If you are taking the 7:15am to Edinburgh, then you would fine. If its the 7:05pm to Glasgow, then I would try to leave Saint Lazere by 4pm.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

I think it would be easier to take RER Line E from Sty-Lazare to Gare du Nord, and change there for RER Line B towards CDG.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

RER E to RER B will be the way to go but it's going to take almost an hour to get from the main line train terminal in Gare Saint-Lazare to the RER B station at CDG. Use the website www.ratp.fr for your public transport planning.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

You need to be at CDG by 5, so you need to get to St-Lazare no later than 4.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
4 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

So lets say I get to Paris at 5. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the airport right, so wouldn't I have enough time or is an hour before the flight not enough time?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,021 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

Two hours is a sensible minimum at CDG. On a flight to UK, you have to go through outbound Passport Control as you are leaving the Schengen area.

You need to be at St-Lazare by 4.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

If you look at the RATP website I linked to you'll see it takes 55 minutes (walking/transfer time included) from Saint-Lazare until the time you arrive at the RER B terminal at CDG. Then you need to allow time to get to your terminal to check-in.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 00:21
8. Re: Paris St. Lazare to Charles de Gaulle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 05:16