We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 course meals - kids

Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 course meals - kids

We have a 6 y.o. and 8 y.o. I realise that restaurants don't really have children's menu. If we order a fixed course meals for the adults, can we order one set meal for the 2 kids to share??

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 course meals - kids

There was a recent thread on ordering courses. The consensus seemed to be that the more casual places with continuous service will let you be really flexible, but that the places that have only one seating a night (i.e. you have the table all night, no matter what time you arrive) will expect each person to order at least two courses. These tend to be more formal and more expensive places, but not always.

When in doubt, ask if it's okay before you sit down.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 course meals - kids

Most ordinary restaurants in France have some sort of childrens' menu - usually a choice of steak hache (sort of burger) or ham and chips. Never had a problem with our 2 very fussy eaters.

Of course this may not cover the upmarket places, but then I very rarely eat in them.

3. Re: 3 course meals - kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:17