We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Hello,

I am figuring out how to get from CDG to my hotel and I noticed that the RER B3 line goes from the airport to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame, which is close to my hotel. Can anyone tell me if there is an elevator at the Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame station as I will have my luggage with me and would like to avoid dragging it up flights of stairs. I looked at the Google street view of the station and was unable to see something that recognizes an elevator at street level.

Also, I will be flying into Terminal 1. Some websites say that I need to take the CDGVAL to Terminal 2 to catch the RER B3 train, while some show the RER B3 train stopping at a station in Terminal 1. Does anyone know if the RER B3 stops at Terminal 1?

Best,

boston76

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Try this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k635…

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Thanks Riotstar.

That thread seems to indicate that there is an elevator or at worst an escaltor at Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame.

Does anyone know about getting the RER-B3 at CDG Terminal 1 or 2?

Also, are there change machines near the ticket machines or a ticket window? I don't think that I'll have EUR 9.50 in change on me when i get off the plane.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Re the elevator at St-Michel-Notre Dame, in the middle of the platform is "Sortie-6", the elevator mentioned in the thread. It surfaces on the left bank of the river at rue Xavier Privas. There is also "Sortie-5" at the end of the platform near the tail end of the train that has escalators all the way to the surface streets directly in front of the Notre Dame Cathedral. All the other sorties have lots of stairs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

You can take any RER train from CDG as they are all line B and will go to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame. B3 simply refers to the line to CDG itself.

To get to the RER follow the signs inside the terminals - walks can be several minutes depending on which terminal you arrive at. All RER trains at terminal 2 station go to Paris; for terminals 1 and 3, ensure you go to the platform indicating trains to Paris. The journey time is approximately thirty minutes to central Paris and the trains are not crowded as they usually run express from CDG to Garde du Nord.

Regarding the change machines, the ticket machines will give you change (not for large notes though) and most take credit cards also.

Boston...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

Thanks metromole and brettnwau. Both posts are very helpful and much appreciated.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

The sign in the RER station at CDG says it very clearly -- "All trains go to Paris."

7. Re: Aeorport Charles de Gaulle to Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:16