We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moulin rouge

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
moulin rouge

I am travelling to Paris in June and want to go to a Moulin Rouge Show....can someone tell me what is the best one to go to that will not cost the earth!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,172 Reviews
Paris, France
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$122.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Paris Dinner and Show
1,476 Reviews
from US$226.70*
Moulin Rouge Late Night Show with...
124 Reviews
from US$122.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show: VIP Seating with...
215 Reviews
from US$264.50*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moulin rouge

What do you mean "the best one". There is only one Moulin Rouge.

Mentioned in this post
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,172 Reviews
Paris, France
Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moulin rouge

I guess what i mean is a show in that area - does not have to be in that actual venue but something to get the feel of the place - i would have thought that there were a few places to offer a show based on the Moulin Rouge type of thing????

Mentioned in this post
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,172 Reviews
Paris, France
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: moulin rouge

Apart from the Lido, I know of no other similar show. Both of these are mostly filled with visitors.

As for 'getting a feel of the place', well, they're both cabaret shows. The MR just happens to be in the area with s*x shops. I doubt it's any different that similar areas in Noosa. If this is not what you meant, you'll have to elaborate.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
92,688 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: moulin rouge

The Moulin Rouge (and any similar shows) is run entirely for tourists. Huge tour buses pull up outside and disgorge hundreds of people. It has nothing to do with the authentic life of Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,172 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moulin rouge

All these cabaret shows are pricey - not sure how much "the earth" is worth, these days, but they cost probably more than you want to spend. For a lot less money, you would do just as well to have a couple of drinks and dinner somewhere else - then go take some photos outside Moulin Rouge while you watch the other tourists lining up to get fleeced.

Seriously, some people love this place, and the other shows like it - but if money is a consideration, you'll do best just taking some photos and say you went there.

Mentioned in this post
Moulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge
11,172 Reviews
Paris, France
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: moulin rouge

As said by others, the show is totally for tourists. You are a tourist and if you think you want to make it part of your experience, go for it. We went a number of years ago and enjoyed it for what it is. It's not the kind of thing you do more than once, it is overpriced and despite all the criticism of it here on TA, I'm glad we did it.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: moulin rouge

Thanks for your help everyone!

8. Re: moulin rouge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:17