We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
245 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

Hi all! We are meeting a friend for lunch near the army museum on Monday. Can anyone please suggest a good cafe? Just a salad/ tartine/ crepe kind of place?

Merci!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

I think it was dkjbooks who recommended Ferme Saint-Simon, 6 r. de Saint-Simon. It's a few blocks east of Les Invalides (I remember we walked back to Saint Germain for lunch, not finding much right outside Les Invalides) but maybe someone who has been there a lot will know a place. Our first trip we ended up on Rue Cler for lunch after Les Invalides, which was fun (and very sunny). We just chose a place with a carte that looked good and it was a nice lunch, not expensive. Lots to choose from on Rue Cler. That would be west of Les Invalides, I think.

Anyway, hopefully someone else will come along (my notes for Ferme Saint-Simon say it's delightful though based on recommendations here).

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

La Ferme Saint-Simon is much fancier than salad/tartine/crepe. (And, I haven't been there since the new ownership.)

There's a cafe on the east side of the esplanade (you can't miss it).

A few of my favorite spots are opposite LaTour-Maubourg metro station - La Source (perfect for what you have in mind) and a cafe/bar/resto called LaTour-Maubourg.

Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

Pasco

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d7…

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

Pasco is a restaurant, a nice one, but not a salad/tartine/crepe sort of place.

Finland
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

There is also a cafe at the Army Museum, we have had lunch there a few times. (Rather simple and cantine looking but decent food.)

Paris
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

There is a good cafe on the south side of the Army Museum, on Place Vauban. It has a nice terrace too and is quiet. I believe it is called Le Vauban. One of my favorite tea rooms in that neighborhood is Pain et Chocolat at 16 ave. de la Motte Picquet. They serve delicious salads and quiches etc. as well as wonderful pastries.

7. Re: Cafe for lunch near Army Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 07:17