We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

This is my favorite restaurant in Paris. There has been some question about whether they are open or have closed. So I decided to email them and asked whether they are currently open--and would be open when I arrive in Paris this September. They responded promptly and cordially stating that they are open Tuesday through Saturday from 12:00-2:00pm and 7:30-10:00pm.

I especially recommend this restaurant for lunch as the formule is an amazing deal. The chef is a trained "food artist" and each plate is magnificently plated and arrives under a gorgeous silver dome. The food is fresh, creative and fabulous. Homemade rolls are served instead of bread, there is an amuse bouche, and petit fours with your check. The service is the best I've had in any restaurant in Paris and the ladies room has rose petals in the toilet bowl. I find the meal to be an experience worthy of Michelin stars--and yet people seem not to know about this restaurant. It is out-of-the-way and tourists would have no way to know about it. There are other people on this forum who love this restaurant as much as I do, including someone who went there last time I mentioned it and wrote a report raving about their experience. There are so many mediocre restaurants in Paris. This restaurant is rather expensive for dinner and I've never eaten dinner there for that reason. But the lunch formule is not to be missed. The website does say that you can get the formule in the evening and weekends if you ask for it. Anyway, the website is www.cottagemarcadet.com. I can't wait to eat there again.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
26,241 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

Glad to hear it. (and the men's room too -- )

Underhill, Vermont
Level Contributor
703 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

Bon jour

I am having trouble finding the lunch menu on the site. What did you have? Can you give me a general indication of prices for lunch?

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

www.cottagemarcadet.com/les_formules.html

Here is the formule information. The * discusses how you can request the formule for dinner too.

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

Bump

5. Re: Le Cottage Marcadet Is Still Open!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 05:18