We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

I tried to find this info online but couldn't: when a museum/venue is free for kids under 18, do they still need tickets to get in? In other words, would I still need to stand in line to get a free ticket for my kids under 18 or do they just show their passport and us adults our Museum Pass? What about an 18 month-old? Thank you in advance!

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
493 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$299.60*
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,400 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

Most places kids are free and do just accompany you, in fact the only one I recall needing to get my son a ticket was at the Invalids Army Museum, and the ticket was free and there was almost no line, and that was in the summer.

Busy places like Louvre and Orsay they just skip the ticket line with you.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

I have the same recollection as Joan1, I had to stand in line to get a ticket for my 17 year old niece at Invalides but other than that, none of the larger sites made us do it. Notre Dame's towers, the Louvre, the Arc de Triomphe, Versailles, Musee d'Orsay she went in with me with a "she's 17" (I didn't ever even have to show her id but she is a young looking 17). One other place made her get a ticket, it might have been the Pantheon but there was no line

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,427 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

We had to get a ticket for my daughter at Musee D'Orsay, but we didn't have to wait in the line. We went in through the MP door and then they put us at the front of the line so we only waited behind the people who were already at the ticket counter. That may have changed since 2009 though. I think there were some other places that made her get tickets, but she didn't have to wait in line anywhere.

Washington
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

Thank you all!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
289 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

Arc de Triomphe required lining up for kids' tickets when we were there this March. They were even turning away families with pre-school aged kids, so it wasn't a matter of proving age. The ticket is free, but there was a 15-20 minute line up.

Everywhere else they just walked in with us.

6. Re: Museum Pass Holder: Adults and Kids in same party

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:18