We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eiffel Tower at night

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colchester
3 posts
Save Topic
Eiffel Tower at night

To celebrate my birthday my husband and I would like champagne at the top of the Eiffel Tower next week. A couple of questions:

How big are queues in the evening?

Is it worth waiting til dark to see the view or is it better in daylight?

Thank you!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

The view *from* the tower is a lot different in daylight. You can see Paris a lot more clearly. But in some ways it's prettier at night.

There's no comparison, imho. The view *of* the tower is better at night.

To make the best of it, you can always aim to go up at twilight. Or you can google images of the view from the tower to see the difference.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

What time of the year are you going? We went in October, and the lights came on around 8pm. We took the elevator up and walked down. We also stopped at the first floor and mailed ourselves a postcard which arrived a day after we got home.

The sunset was gorgeous, almost a golden colour, and it made our trip up the tower just perfect. We were in line for about 30 minutes. Came down and went to sit in the park of Champs de Mars and the lights came on at 8pm.

Florida
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

We have already bought online and printed our 4 tickets to the top for July 31 and because that is a busy travel time there were very few entrance times left the last time I looked. I would suggest going to the official Eiffel Tower web site and make a reservation for an entrance time after you first call your credit card company to tell them you will be making a foreign charge so the charge won't be denied as possibly fraudulent. Make sure you are using a card that has zero international fees since some charge as much as 5 percent.

tour-eiffel.fr/en/…buying-your-tickets.html

My husband likes me to find out the the time of sunset in Paris for that date and then reserve an entrance time 1 or 2 hours before, but we have been 5 or 6 times to Paris and have been up during the day and at night and you will love both. Ticket lines can be hours long but if you buy online and print your ticket you just arrive at your reserved time and show your ticket and go right up.

Florida
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

Here is the link for Paris sunset times for June 2013.

5. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 10:14
Florida
Level Contributor
639 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

Last September we saw just as many scammers and pickpockets out in Paris in the daytime. If you have your money, credit cards and anything of importance in your money belt and cameras and bigger things zipped up in your daybag with your arm over it or in front of you holding it close you will not be the one the pickpockets target. Pickpockets are known to be most active during the day in places like Notre Dame and other famous churches in Europe. If you take precautions you don't need to worry day or night. If the scammers approach you which in the tourist areas where there are crowds of tourists is frequently just be firm and tell them to go and they know you are wise to their tricks. The worst scam we ever saw was a couple of years ago on our way to Italy. There were 2 thieves working together in a big USA airport inside the security zone. One man pushed a lady down hard while his partners helped her up distracting her and the other took off with her purse? We felt safer once we got to Italy. Paris is wonderful!!! Read these warnings and have a great trip and don't be afraid day or night.

www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/298scam.htm

Colchester
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

Thank you for your advice, I will try and book a ticket later today. Sunset sounds amazing, hadn't thought of that so thanks Suzanne.

Sunshine Beach...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

The twinkling lights come on at 10pm at the moment. 9pm was too early last Friday night.

9. Re: Eiffel Tower at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:16