We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Les Ombres restaurant?

Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Les Ombres restaurant?

We are looking for a nice spot for a birthday celebration dinner. Although the reviews are very mixed (some really good, some really bad), the views look to be fantastic. I don't mind paying the steep prices, if the food is good. Any recent experiences? Also, what are the chances of evenings in mid-June being warm enough to enjoy the terrace? Thanks!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Les Ombres restaurant?

It's been recommended on this forum before. Looking at the most recent reviews, it seems that most of the negative ones are from the French, while Americans tend to like it. That is food for thought since my friends and I have a reservation there on July 15.

usa
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Les Ombres restaurant?

It is very good. Visited it in 2010 and was astounded at the gorgeous view and outstanding food. My husband and I did the evening's menu with wine. It was seasonal vegetables with fish accompanied by a perfect wine pairing.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Les Ombres restaurant?

For breathtaking views with great food, Le Ciel de Paris is the place to be!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Les Ombres restaurant?

Oh we were debating Le Ciel vs Les Ombres! The menus are the same price (E65), so that's not a factor. Ok, looks like I need to ring my friend.

5. Re: Les Ombres restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 05:19