We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris museums free for under 18?

Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Paris museums free for under 18?

Bon Jour Trip Advisor,

I was reading on the site of Musee D'Orsay for the different ticket prices and it looks like people under 18 are admitted free? Is this correct? Is is the same for all museums?

I will travel with 2 teenage girls and if that is the case I don't need to get them museum passes.

Thank you.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

As far as I know, this only applies to EU citizens (although I have been known to be wrong)

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

Under 18s are free, under 26 EU citizens are free.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 18:51
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,338 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

NOT just EU citizens -- kids are free in most Paris museums. Have proof of age for kids approaching 17 who might not be obviously under 18. We were never asked for ID for our 14 year old daughter.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

ALL kids are free under 18 , where that is offered, I know it is offered at Louvre, Invalids /Napoleons Tomb, Orsay, Cluny, Versailles and Arc as I have taken my under 18 non EU citizens there !!

Absolutely do not buy a Museum pass for kids, you will not get any value out of it at all for them.

In almost any place I went kids skipped line with me, but at Invalids I did have to line up to get a FREE ticket for my kid, took like 5 minutes as there is no line there really.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

If either of your daughters is close to 18 or looks like she may be that age (is tall, for example - French people in general are shorter and smaller than Americans), make sure she has ID with her in case someone asks. But yes, all kids under 18 are free.

Virginia
Level Contributor
217 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

That is great news! And I'll make sure to carry a copy of my soon to be 17 year old's passport.

Thank you all!

7. Re: Paris museums free for under 18?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 06:17