We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Underhill, Vermont
Level Contributor
703 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Bonjour

It was suggested that I was giving short shrift to the 4th and 5th arrondissements in my rough itinerary, what are the best streets to stroll, the best places to see, the best things to do, etc.

Merci

Charlottetown, PEI...
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Rue Mouffetard in the 5th is a nice street to wander down and we find relaxing in Luxembourg Gardens on a nice day quite enjoyable.

North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

After exploring Mouffetard and on the way to Luxembourg Gardens, take a peek (and pictures!) inside the church of Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, visit the nearby Pantheon and maybe also the Church of the Val-de-Grâce. That is exactly what I will do on my next stay in the 5th!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Visit the hammam at the grand mosque in the 5th; check out the Arenes de Lutece. In 4th, one of my favorite little squares, Place du Marche Ste. Catherine; Shoah Memorial; see if there's a brocante at Village St. Paul; Le Maison des Tartes (67 Rue Mouffetard)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,175 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

I don't know if I have seen your itinerary but I can't recall it if I did, but in 5th and 6th I would say my personal 'don't miss" sites are Napoleons Tomb and Invalids Army Museum ( 6th) the Cluny medival Museum ( 5th) and Luxembourg Gardens.. also for my teens we would add the Catacombs, but best of all is just wandering the smaller streets where there may be no "sights" but just nice door knocker or a peek of a small courtyard garden..or a fun café

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Er, um, Joan, Les Invalides was in the 7th the last time I looked.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,175 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

yes you are right but its right near border so if someone is staying in 6th they would just walk there.. but yup its in the 7th oops , I never see the little lines that divide the arrondissmonts, lol

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,175 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Oh shoot forgot two other sites in 4th I love. The Carnavalet Museum and the Shoah Musuem.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

Lori, I'm not sure if you've decided on your lodgings yet, but once you have done that, you can build an itinerary around that.

In a few months, I'll be staying near the Place des Vosges. It is near Bastille, the Carnavalet museum, and the best photography gallery/museum in Paris. Also the Sully museum for architectural history. The immediate area is well connected by bus and Metro to anyplace in Paris. (St-Paul being the nearest Metro station.)

On arrival there, I like to go to the Seine, entering the Hotel de Sens, the oldest piece of civil architecture in Paris, before crossing the river. I'd get a rear view of Notre-Dame (weather permitting), and maybe climb up to St-Etienne-du Mont, depending on how tired I was, after a long international flight.

That is just day 1.

-- Steve

9. Re: Things to do in the 4th and 5th arrondissements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 06:17