We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

I've been so obsessed with planning for this trip that I forgot that this is also our 15th wedding anniversary. Since we honeymooned in Paris, I would like to go back and revisit someplace that was part of our honeymoon. Since we spent a lot of it in wine bars, this is not too practical with a kid now! However, we had one meal at a warm restaurant (it was a cold November night!) opposite the Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc (or so my memory tells me). Can someone tell me if there is still a restaurant there and the name? And, if it still is good? Sometimes, our memories are rosier than reality. Thank you.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc is in the 13th arr, plain ole' Hotel Jeanne d'Arc is in the Marais, 4th arr. so which one are you thinking of..?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

These restaurants are on the same block, same street as Hotel Jeanne d'Arc...

http://goo.gl/maps/fTWuS

Paris
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

If your hotel was the *Grand* Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, you must have been in Blvd. Saint Marcel. Here are the restaurants currently nearby:

pagesjaunes.fr/trouverlesprofessionnels/…

Paris
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

I hope the link works for you; I cannot now get it to download. It is from the Yellow Pages (pagesjuanes.fr). I wasn't familiar with any of the restaurants except Agrume, which has a great reputation. But I don't think it was there 15 years ago. But I'll bet some of the others are charming and good.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

Thank you both for jogging my memory! It wasn't the Grand Hotel jeanne d' Arc, it was the regular Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the Marais. Aha! Travelnutty's link then led me to Les Bougresses across the street and that is the one! Not sure if it was the same name or not, but I googled pics and recognized it. So happy, thank you again.

6. Re: Just Realized Its Our 15th -Need Help Remembering Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 06:16