We are a family of 4 travelling to Paris in Dec2013/Jan 2014 for 26 nights. It will be our first trip to Paris. After looking through 100's of apartment options, I believe we have finally made a decision and are looking to rent through A La Carte Paris. I have a few questions as I don't want to be caught paying unneccessary fees. We have been advised that it is compulsary for us to pay 3rd party risk insurance. The policy recommended is through Adar and also covers cancellation & interuption. The cost is 5% of the rent approx 286 Euros for our stay. Does this seem reasonable? In Australia the owner is required to pay insurance, and the security deposit is a safe guard for any damage. The company is holding our credit card details for the security deposit as well. We will not require cancellation/interuption insurance as this is covered in our travel insurance.
- Can anyone recommend companies that provide the 3rd partyrisk option only
- Is the premium charged by Adar "reasonable" ?
- We have been advised that there is a 3.8% credit card surcharge. Is this standard in France?
( in Australia standard surcharge is around 1.5% )
- I am considering paying by international money transfer as the credit card fee equates to approx $335 AUD. Thoughts? ( I know this in not preferred option due to security etc, however if the company is reputable there should not be an issue)
- other additional charges on top of rent are visitor charge/VAT 0.96Euros per person / day and APLM fund fee 7 euros.
Would really appreciate input on fees and also if anyone else has used A La Carte would appreciate feedback
many thanks again