We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

auckland
Level Contributor
163 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

We will be alighting from a TGV at Montparnasse Station and have to get to Orly airport. Is there a simple way or do we change trains several times? We have plenty of time but will have luggage so going up and down stairs is not desireable. Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

With luggage, I would go to the official taxi rank at Gare Montparnasse and take a taxi, which would cost about €30. By Metro and RER, you would have to change twice, which would be a pain with luggage.

auckland
Level Contributor
163 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

I had a feeling that might be the best way, I did wonder if there might have been a bus. thank you for your reply.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,247 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

My apologies. I forgot that Air France runs a bus service from Gare Montparnasse. But at €12 each (a bit less if bought in advance), it might not be much cheaper than a taxi. See www.lescarsairfrance.com

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

How long will a taxi take from Montparnasse to Orly Airport

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

What day & time do you arrive at Montparnasse?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

from Montbarnasse Bienvenue you can take line 4 direction Porte D'orleans . stop at Denfert Rocherau . Outside you will find the ORLY BUS to the airport .

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,727 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

As you say ¨we¨ in your post, a taxi will probably be the cheapest, and the fastest option for two or more people to transfer to ORY from Montparnasse. Generally the cost is 25€ to 35€ and time en route is about 30 minutes.

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

Myself and two other adults will be travelling from Orly Airport to catch a TGV at Gare Montparnasse. We are due to land at 1310 hours and our train departs at 1549 hours, travel date is 06 December 2013. It seems that a taxi should take about 30 minutes and cost about 30 euro. Does the Air France shuttle bus cost/take about the same? What are the pick up points at Orly (Bus stop number) and does the shuttle go directly to the TGV station?

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

Air France for 3 people will not be cheaper than a taxi; at best it will be a 'draw' and not as easy. The AF stop at Gare Montparnasse is outside the train station. The map for Orly route will show where the AF bus picks up at Orly.

A taxi for 3 passengers + bags might be a little more than 30 euro.

lescarsairfrance.com/fileadmin/…L1_plan.pdf

lescarsairfrance.com/en/tickets-and-prices.h…

Edited: 12 November 2013, 20:47
Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way from Montparnasse ex TGV train to Orly Airport

Thank you. Just to be clear, I think you are saying that the price of taxi v bus is insignificant for 3 people travelling and that the taxi is much more convenient, Is 30 minutes for the journey realistic?