We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
Save Topic
FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Hi all,

Just so you know there will be 3 démonstrations (against same-sex mariage) they have 3 différent starting points and the 3 have the same ending point at les invalides. I think it might be better not to be around les invalides late afternoon.

Here's the detailed info from the RATP:

A noter dimanche 26 mai, une grande manifestation : A partir de 13h00, 3 cortèges défilent dans les rues de Paris :

1) - Porte Dauphine / Esplanade des Invalides : Boulevard Lannes, avenues Henri Martin, Georges Mandel, du Président Wilson, pont de l’Alma, quai d'Orsay, avenue du Maréchal Gallieni jusqu'à l'Esplanade des Invalides où a lieu la dislocation du cortège.

2) - Place Valhubert / Esplanade des Invalides : Quai Saint Bernard, boulevard Saint Germain, rue de Rennes, boulevards du Montparnasse, des Invalides, avenue de Villars jusqu'à l'Esplanade des Invalides où a lieu la dislocation du cortège.

3) - Place de la Porte de Saint-Cloud / Esplanade des Invalides : Boulevard Murat, avenue du Général Niox, quai Saint Exupéry, voie Georges Pompidou, pont d'Iéna, quai Branly, avenue de Suffren, boulevard Garibaldi, avenue de Breteuil jusqu'à l'Esplanade des Invalides où a lieu la dislocation du cortège.

Des périmètres de sécurité sont mis en place par la Police notamment dans le bois de Boulogne.

Lignes de Bus perturbées dans ces secteurs : 07(Balabus), 21, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 42, 43, 47, 52, 53, 57, 58, 61, 62, 63, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 72, 80, 81, 82, 83, 86, 88, 89, 91, 92, 94, 95, 96, PC1, 123, 175, 189, 244 et 289.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Hasn't this law been passed already? What's the point of continuing the demonstrations? It looks like the conservatives want to squeeze the last drop of juice from this lemon: lexpress.fr/actualite/politique/videos-maria…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Actually there are 4 demonstrations. The traditionalist ultra right Catholics are having their own demonstration on the Right Bank.

There was a very nice celebration of the new law at Place de la Bastille this week. I was there: www.anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,618 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

The French elect their leaders from a small, relatively static pool of members of a sort of Old Boys' Club. Then they descend into the streets and demonstrate to get what they want. It would be more efficient to simply elect officials who shared their goals to begin with, but then they wouldn't necessarily be able to find them among the Old Boys. Apparently the French prefer things this way. It has been this way since time immemorial.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

That makes no sense and shows a profound ignorance of the political situation.

A year ago, 51.5% of the population voted one way and 48.5% voted the other way. To which French are you referring?

Edited: 26 May 2013, 09:50
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,200 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

"To which French are you referring?"

Maybe to the 75% who are now disappointed with the government?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Bienvenue, thanks for this post...it will affect many of the tourists areas/sites.

Personally I'll be stating well away...it's really getting silly.

Would love to see these people put their energy into things like improving their labour code, finding jobs for young people and integrating their immigrant population better.

Sounds like too much work and with the holidays just around the corner.......

Peace.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Old Boys Club or not,as far as I remember,same sex marriage appeared on Hollande's platform and after a long campaign,he got elected.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks also to K2 for posting the concert photos and video. I saw them setting up for the concert on Tuesday but wasn't sure what it was for. By the time I got "home" that night the crowds were pretty much dispersed. The Bastille area certainly was busy this week!

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

I would like to see demonstrations promoting asexuality.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: FYI demonstratioms in Paris this afternoon.

"would like to see demonstrations promoting asexuality."

Start one up!