We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change machines?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Underhill, Vermont
Level Contributor
703 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Change machines?

Bon jour

Are there change machines where I can change my Euros into coins or smaller bills? I have a few smaller bills, but I know I am going to need a lot. Plus change for other things. Are there change machines is CDG or the metro stations?

Merci

Paris, France
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Change machines?

There's one change machine at the RER station at CDG that I can think of. It seems to be out of order more often than not, at least in my experience, though I have used it in the past.

Havent seen change machines in metro stations (never looked, so could be wrong), but I know there are ticket machines which take notes at Chatelet Les Halles, and a few other stations, but they aren't super-common.

Perhaps you'll just have to visit lots of boulangeries/patisseries and enjoy some unhealthy food if you want some change?!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change machines?

Oh I like the way you think, Oz!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change machines?

Please, where is the change machine at CDG located? This question coincidentally occurred to me today as well. Thank you.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change machines?

It's near the RER station.

Could be mistaken, but thought we'd seen one or two while walking around in tourist areas - but that was a few years back. We keep meaning to keep a look-out for them, hording all our change meanwhile.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 00:38
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change machines?

Thx! Eleven days to go!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change machines?

We leave a week from today! I'll be the one with the big American smile on my face.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change machines?

:)

Florida
Level Contributor
17,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Change machines?

If you need coins at CDG, a change machine would be helpful... but you'll amass a lot of coins every day thereafter!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Change machines?

I have never had a problem amassing coins in France - quite the opposite. After the first few days I'm weighed down by them and trying to figure out how to pay restaurant bills with handsful of change.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Change machines?

There are change machines in some post offices but they are only supposed to be used to get change for their own machines.