We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

We want to pre-purchase our tickets for the Orsay and Orangerie museums. I have read many of the posts here and find it confusing. I want to print our tickets at home, not run around Paris looking to pick them up. There are a number of different websites selling these tickets: digitick.com, fnac.com, ticketnet.fr. Which site do you recommend which allows the actual e-ticket to be printed at home? Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,117 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

musee-orsay.fr/en/…tickets.html

- - the listings indicate if you can print it yourself

musee-orsay.fr/en/…admission-fees.html

- - I read this to say that you must use a combo ticket the day you buy it, and the 2nd museum within 4 days, thus you cannot print a combo ticket.

I would therefore buy and enter at the Orangerie then visit d'Orsay within the 4-day limit, going to the ticket-holder line and avoiding the cashier line.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

I'm not sure that you can buy the combo ticket online. Here's the website for D'Orsay tickets (in English):

digitick.com/musee-d-orsay-paris-css4-digiti…

Either buy your D'Orsay ticket online or go to L'Orangerie first as directed by Travelnutty's very helpful post and buy the double ticket once you're in Paris.

What we did (and what I see) on the ticket purchase page is either D'Orsay by itself, D'Orsay night rate or D'Orsay Special Exhibition (includes regular admission, which is what we purchased and printed out at home). When I click on the button for the regular ticket, the only two options are for regular persons and persons with large families, no option for L'Orangerie.

L'Orangerie does not sell tickets online, nor is there usually a big line.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
99 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

Last Monday we went to the Orangerie & stood in line about 45 min---it was around 2PM. Bought a dual ticket & went to the Orsay the next day. As previously stated, you have 4 days in which to use the ticket for the 2nd museum & it's wise to visit the Orangerie, first.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,966 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

Good to know, Fabriano (Mondays, many museums are closed so the ones that are open are often more crowded; Louvre closes on Tuesdays, which bumps the crowds up at L'Orangerie as well).

5. Re: Help - which website for online Orsay & Orangerie tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 05:16