We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

We will be in Paris in August, and there are so many choices to choose from. We are late 40's and fit. Looking for a day on bikes, but without doing a bunch of research on areas that I cannot pronounce I am looking for help from the TA crew. So any recommendations on which are the best. We want a full day and think countryside would be good, since we will be in town 7 days, we will see plenty of city. . Any help or advice is good. Thanks

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

Wow...I hear crickets

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

We used bikeabouttours for Versailles and really enjoyed it - www.bikeabouttours.com. What I liked the most about them is that you did not have to bring your bike on the RER. They have the bikes waiting for you at Versailles. The tour guide was knowledgeable and very nice. Not sure if you want the Versailles tour specifically, but they have plenty of other tours as well.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 22:09
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

Thanks, I will look them up. We have a day at Versilles already planned out.

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

We used bikeabout for a half-day private tour in Paris. We were a family with a smallish child and didn't want to have to keep up with a larger group. Excellent guide who tailored the trip to our kids.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

Ive done all the Fat Tire Bike tours in Paris and one in London too, lol Not all on one trip, but over last 5 trips.. tons of fun. My favorite is the Paris by Night Tour and the one to Giverny to see Monets Gardens( actually not a Monet or garden fan in particular but wanted at day out in the country)

The bikes are comfy too

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

Oh sorry I do want to recommend one particular local who does bike tours, ,many different ones, a little more pricey then the group tours, but you can have another couple join you to bring down costs perhaps.. He has an amazing array of out of Paris trips and the posters here who have done them have nothing but praise for him and the routes.

Bruce , from

frenchmystiquetours.com/

Take a look !

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

I'm doing one with French Mystique tours next month. They're very highly rated on Trip Advisor. With that many five-star reviews, I figured we couldn't go wrong! So far, all of the planning and communication has been very professional.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187147-d2…

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

ha ha , great minds think alike Tracie, we posted at exact same time. I would love to take one of Bruces tour and will eventually one day, since sometimes I am solo its just not within my budget till he starts taking small groups( mind you may be he does now, I haven't read his website for about 6 months now)

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

I'm really happy that it's just the three of us, and for a private tour, it's really reasonably priced. My 12 year old is really nervous about spending all day on a bike, and I love that Bruce said he can be flexible around his needs. So that's worth paying more, to me. If you're solo next August, you can do one with our family :-)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bike tours advice... Which ones are the best

I have not done this yet. But when I do go I will defiantly go with French Mystique tours. His post's and advice on the forum are always great. From that you can tell he is going to give you a great tour. He has taken amazing pictures of so many great places that I would love to see. He's a local who knows his stuff and seems very cool. ( I was going to bust out the Mayor's wife joke but not sure if all will understand :)

Edited: 06 June 2013, 04:26