We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TGV model

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
TGV model

Can anyone please tell me where I could buy a model of a TGV train in Paris? Not an electric one but nice looking. Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TGV model

I think you can go to the Toys department in stores like the Printemps or the Galerie Lafayettes !

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TGV model

I am pretty sure that small models are available in the larger branches of Relay at the major stations, along with newspapers, books, snacks and other souviniers.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TGV model

Here's a shop: http://www.central-train-modele-reduit.fr/

It's at 81 rue Réamur in the 2nd arrondissement.

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TGV model

"Au Pullman" on rue d'Amsterdam had an awesome TGV model that I was pretty impressed with. I've always had a love of trains and never pass a train shop. I think it may be hard to find a TGV model that isn't electric though.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,389 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TGV model

I think the OP means it doesn't have to work on a model train track, not that it shouldn't be a model of an electric train, as there are no non electric powered TGVs as far as I know.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: TGV model

You may visit "La vie du rail" Boutique , gare St Lazare.

La vie du rail is the major magazine for transport, in this country.10% of its capital belong to SNCF.

Address for this boutique:

boutiquedelaviedurail.com/…72.cfm

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TGV model

That's the poorly-worded thing I was trying to say Lynn. The full-scale TGV only comes in an electric version :-). The most detailed and realistic models are the HO-guage electric trains in my experience.

8. Re: TGV model

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:19