We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Muncie, Indiana
10 posts
Save Topic
Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Hey, folks. I'm leaving for Paris in about a week and a half. For quite a while, i've planned on buying my passes through this website because they're considerably cheaper and they include the RER and admission to the fountain show at Versailles. But now that I'm getting ready to actually buy them, I can't find a darn thing about that website. I want to make sure it's legitimate! I'm googling within an inch of my life and I can't seem to find a review, a complaint, a Facebook page or even really any mention!

Has anyone heard of or used them for Paris Passes? I'm really hoping they're a legitimate company. I could use the extra cash!

Thanks in advance!

Les Jardins du Trocadero
Gardens, Fountains, Monuments & Statues
Fontaine Saint-Michel
Fountains, Monuments & Statues
St. Sulpice Fountain
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Fountains
San Antonio
Level Contributor
64 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Never heard of the site, but it does not look like they are cheaper. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Individual metro passes are not expensive, and for museums, get the Paris Museum pass.

Compare museum pass prices: …parismuseumpass.com/rub-the-pass-price-36.h…

conciergerie.com/paris/…paris-museum-pass.php

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

The Paris Pass should be avoided. It is just a collection of existing passes put into one envelope at a cost considerably greater than the total price of the various passes. It would be impossible to do all the incluyded activities in the available time.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

If you search the forum you will find several posts about this company. Here's a recent one: tripadvisor.com/…48658722

I remember checking their site and noticing some hefty delivery fees for what they offer.

You can get everything you need once in Paris. There's no advantage to buying in advance.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,385 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

What exactly do you want, as others have said, you likely are not getting a good deal because they include too much that you won't need or use.

How long is visit.

A Museum pass for four days is 54 euros, and that includes admission to Versailles. if you go on fountain day there is a 8 euro supplemental fee, frankly I would just not go on a fountain day, but whatever... a carnet of metro tickets is 13 euros.. that's 10 one ways on bus or metro. A RER ticket to Versailles is 8.20 euros return.

So for many people for 4 days they could spend 54+13+8 = 75 euros.. I think the Paris passes are over 100 euros for four days aren't they?

Muncie, Indiana
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Hm. We were going for the Paris Pass not only for the metro passes and museum passes, but also the ability to skip lines which is pretty important for us. Also being able to buy our RER and fountain show tickets all at once is convenient as well. I show on that website that it's only 9 Euros to have it delivered to your hotel, actually. From the Paris Pass website, it looks like the 4 day pass for 2 people is >300 Euro, but using Conciergerie PLUS the Versailles stuff, it's 260 Euro. So aside from maybe purchasing the museum admissions one by one, I don't see how it's more expensive? Is there another way to skip lines? Or am I kidding myself and it doesn't actually save much time?

Also, I did actually search the forums, but didn't really find anybody saying "yes, I purchased through them and everything went just fine." That thread you linked to specifically seemed to be nothing but bickering between someone here and an employee of the website, which doesn't give me much information.

Muncie, Indiana
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Though actually, if I can skip lines by just using the museum pass, I may end up doing that. I'm paying for all of the admissions, metro, etc for both of us, so I'd prefer to go the cheapest and most convenient route.

Muncie, Indiana
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Oh (sorry for the triple post!) the wine tasting and the seine cruise were also nice perks as well. We intend to take advantage of those too. I believe the wine tasting without the Paris Pass is 30 Euro each alone. I haven't checked on the Seine cruise.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,183 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

You can skip lines with the Museum Pass. Indeed, the way the Paris Pass allows you to skip the lines is that it provides a Museum Pass.

The Paris Pass contains an over-priced Paris Visite pass for transport. It will cost less to buy a carnet of 10 ordinary metro/bus tickets for transport within Paris, and separate tickets to get to Versailles.

Have you tried planning your time to see how you can fit in all your proposed activities?

Muncie, Indiana
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

Yeah, we actually have our whole itinerary planned out already - have for months! Haha. I'm sure that if we didn't skip lines, we'd still be ok with our planned activities, but I'd prefer to have that extra time to be able to wander around and enjoy myself rather than spend time waiting in lines.

I'm wondering about the cost once you add in the wine tasting and the seine cruise, though. If it'd actually cost more for the passes themselves if we take advantage of those as well, I mean.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,218 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying Paris Passes from Conciergerie.com

In your OP you say you "could use the extra cash!"

Yet your willing to buy an overpriced pass and pay for delivery too.

I understand how these passes sound attractive, but you're paying a premium for stuff you don't need or may not use.

As Joan mentioned, you can get a carnet of 10 metro tickets for about 13 Euros. You're going to be in the metro anyway, and it's easy to put some money in a machine and get tickets.

With the Paris Museum Pass you get to skip the lines. You can buy the pass at any participating museum. If you're going to be there anyway, why do you need to pay someone to deliver it to you.

To get to Versailles, you have to go to the train station. Guess what? They sell train tickets there too.

If you would care to share your itinerary we can help you determine what passes/ tickets will make sense for you.