We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 05:23
1. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:35
Edited: 18 June 2013, 14:35
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

Sounds like scabies.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

You guys! you are so nice! now for scabies to show on the face one would have to try some very acrobatic positions..

Wikipedia: " The superficial burrows of scabies usually occur in the area of the hands, feet, wrists, elbows, back, buttocks, and external genitals.Except in infants and the immunosuppressed, infection generally does not occur in the skin of the face or scalp.

Symptoms typically appear two to six weeks after infestation for individuals never before exposed to scabies. For those having been previously exposed, the symptoms can appear within several days after infestation. However, it is not unknown for symptoms to appear after several months or years. Acropustulosis, or blisters and pustules on the palms and soles of the feet, are characteristic symptoms of scabies in infants."

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

What did the doctor who prescribed the antibiotics say.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

Dear Victoria. Sorry you have had this experience. I know myself how painful bedbugs can be.

As you have no evidence these bedbugs came from this hotel or indeed whether you or your family brought them in yourselves in suitcases. I would be more worried about treatment and letting the hotel know they have bedbugs to protect others, than thinking who I could sue. Have you seen a doctor?

Bedbugs can be picked up in aeroplane luggage racks and unless the hotel knows, they cannot do anything about them.

I would also see what the reaction is with the hotel management, before I even posted a review as this kind of thing can be very damaging. If the hotel management are horrified and want to solve the problem that is fine. in my opinion.

I know nothing about French law, but I would think French laws apply you when you are in France.

Denise

Love from England

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

As bed bug bites number did increase after you left chances are you have some unwanted travelling companions. Beware of not taking back home any bedbugs eggs !

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,278 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

You state that more "bites" appeared days later? Bed bug bites are not contagious.... you don't get them without contact. So logically the hotel cannot be responsible for "bites" after leaving. Obviously no one here can make a diagnosis but I can tell you the original hotel can't possibly be responsible for the latter issue.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

Worry about feeling better rather than suing.

Nothing would come of it anyway.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

Have you checked for bugs in your luggage? Since you saw bugs on the bed, you could obviously see them if you still hand any traveling with you.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can I sue a hotel for a severe case of bed bugs?

If the number of bites increased during your trip it sounds like you were carrying the bugs around with you and most likely infecting every room you stayed in.

How do you feel about the hotels suing you for introducing bed bugs?

I hope your treatment works and you and all the hotels you visited can contain this infestation.