We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Husband & I are driving through Italy and France mid July-mid August. Before flying back to US, we only have a few days in Paris area.- (first timers)

We desperately need to find some nice hotel options that have CAR parking within close proximaty/convenience/ease to metro or whatever will get us into Paris. We are not

familiar with what towns are most convenient for getting into Paris & wnt to make the most

of the time we have. (Also going to Bayeaux/Normandy already booked)

I researched and had found so many good hotel options in Paris. Then we read that we should definately not drive into Paris... So disappointed after spending days researching for good hotels in Paris! So grateful for any and all suggestions.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,509 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

You might consider the pleasant suburban town of St-Germaine-en-Laye. We enjoyed our stay there at the La Forestière, and there is plenty of parking and a good restaurant. Another possibility is the Domaine du Verbois, in Neauphle le château. The hotel has large grounds, with a big parking lot, and it's not far to the train station in the town.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

If your final days are in Paris, and you are flying home from CDG, you may wish to return your car when you get to Paris, so you're not paying for it there. Then you can stay in the city and have a better taste of Paris. Otherwise, you may just wish to stay near CDG, where many airports have parking. It's a 30-40 minute train ride into the city.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Closer in but maybe less attractive, but functional, are a number of Ibis options!!

Located around the Peripherique...

Eg, and I have stayed here... Was previously an Etap Hotel

The Ibis Budget Porte de Montmartre on Rue Dr Barbinski has underground parking, and is near Bus stops and Metro stations. It is also right by the St Ouen Paris Puces, the reason why I went there, there are a number of other Ibis Hotels around the Peripherique with underground parking and similar remit...

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Consider Versailles. My son and I managed to drive around quite handily there and there are a ton of things to see even before you take the train into Paris proper.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,694 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

there is nothing wrong with driving in Paris -- it is the parking that is the problem. if it is a rental and you are flying home from Paris, drop the car early. if you are going on from there, you could park it while in Paris -- that is of course costly but then you don't have to commute to Paris to enjoy Paris which is the best option if you can do it.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

As previous posters have said if Paris is your last stop then return your car early and stay in Paris.

If you need to keep the car you could consider parking the car on the outskirts of Paris for several days but still stay in Paris. With only a few days it seems a waste to spend an hour commuting each way each day when that time could be spent enjoying Paris.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

The only problem is that we have reserved one night in the Normandy area (after our two nights in Paris area), which we had intended to drive to and do a tour instead of taking the train there from Paris. So

turning the car in earlier kind of messes that up. Then we have one more full day for Paris & night.after

our return from Bayeux...after which we are booked at the Golden Tulip CDG Airport Villepente the night before our flight to make'it easy for our 9:30 am flight. It just got mixed up because we didn't know the

difficulty driving in Paris!.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Thank you, I will research these. Do you know approximately how far they are from Paris or how long

it takes to get to Paris from there? After two days, we will be leaving from the hotel early for Bayeux. It might be a good idea to see if there is a hotel convenient on the West side of Paris to get an early start. I am just thinking out loud? Any thoughts?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

Thank you..I know some Ibis didn't have good reviews. I will check this all out. I really don't want to spend

a couple hours a day commuting if we can help it. Not knowing Paris, and coming in from the South

our first day in, it would be nice if we knew which routes going in were less troublesome when you

don't know an area. After our trip to Bayeux, we have another full day in Paris and would love to get

a place closer in, but convenient to transportation etc.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need hotel options just outside Paris with car parking

We surely would like not to spend a couple hours commuting with such a short time to enjoy such

a magnificient place! I don't know how it could work out to leave the car somewhere though. I know

with all these greatly informed people a solution that works is forthcoming. I am loosing good sleep

over thisand want to start getting excited again.