We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Hello,

We are travelling to Paris this summer, not realizing the distance from Beauvais airport to the city centre (staying in Le Marais). I've read here that the most common transfer is with bus to Porte Maillot, however I came across Economy Transfers shuttle service which will take us from Beauvais to our destination in Paris for 20 Euro per person (shared shuttle service) with approx 90 minutes travel time. www.economytransfers.eu

Could those that have used their service please share their experience? Many thanks!

Tanya

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
481 reviews
from US$72.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,157 reviews
from US$108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
570 reviews
from US$51.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from US$329.40*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,286 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

I haven't used them, but I have seen too many posts about shared shuttles in Paris simply not turning up (even when pre-paid) to trust any of them.

The bus to Porte Maillot on the other hand seems to be reliable, meets all RyanAir flights, and deposits you close to a Métro station from where you can get to any part of Central Paris.

www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng

Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

We got a private transfer the last time. I am considering using economy transfers as there price is really cheap just a bit concerned it's to cheap.I have also been looking for reviews. The economy transfers for Spain get good reviews but I am unsure if this is the same company.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Wirewiper - sorry for the delay. I too have read the posts about the shared shuttles and mostly not so great feedback. I wish I reviewed the details thoroughly when booking my flight. We're flying from Belgrade to Paris and the best price was with Wizz Air (I've never flown with them). Go figure we're landing in Beauvais - guess it's all part of the adventure, LOL. Too late now to change the flight :(

Vauxhall69 - did you previously use a private transfer service from Beauvais to Paris? Who did you use and how was your experience?

Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Yes we previous got taxi transfers and it worked smoothly. The problem is I can't remember who I used. They are not the same company as the Spanish one I asked them and they said no.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 10:49
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
821 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Again like wirewiper I've not used them but seen the reports of the unreliability of shuttle services.

Why would anyone want to use one when there is good public transport available? I would expect that shuttles only work as a business model in countries where public transport is generally poor. This is not the case for Paris.

6. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 05:05
Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Why would you consider an unknown shuttle instead of the Beauvais Airport own OFFICIAL shuttle???

SHUTTLE PARIS - Porte Maillot ⇔ BEAUVAIS AIRPORT

Beauvais Airport official shuttles are available for everybody, with or without flight ticket.

Journey : Direct without stop between Beauvais Airport and the Pershing car park in Paris - Porte Maillot.

Price: 16 € per journey and per person. FREE for children under 3 years old.

Time: 1:15h (approximately)

Have a look at the link on post #1.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

I did this trip last week with the official shuttle. Very efficient and you can buy your tickets online which will save you a bit of time.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Hello all,

My question was back in June, and yes.....we took the official shuttle bus, not Economy Transfers. My question was merely asking if anyone had used them and for feedback if they did.

I'll never fly to Beauvais again, now that I know the distance to Paris. It was a 45 minute wait for the bus and another 1.5 hours to arrive to Porte Maillout where a seemingly "official" cabby ripped us off with the fare to the Marais. Never again.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,142 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Economy Transfers - anyone used them from Beauvais to Paris?

Did you get the taxi number? How much was your fare?