We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Please provide feedback on my itinerary. This trip is a surprise for my husband to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. He only thinks we are going to Italy and won't know about Paris until the night before and this is our 1st time to Paris. With that being established, this is what I am thinking.

Is this too much? I also want to "discover" Paris, too. Will I be able to do that with this agenda.

Wednesday, Sept 3

Arrive at Orly Airport at 11:30a on Wednesday

Cab it to Hotel St. Christophe and drop off bags

Head to Orsay for a few hours (around 14:30p)

Eiffel Tower (maybe go inside to 2nd level)

Arc de Triomphe (view from outside)

Thursday, Sept 4

Notre Dame

St. Chapelle

free time to wander around

Louvre at night

Rodin Garden at night

Friday, Sept 5

Montmartre and Sacre Coeur for half a day

Latin Quarter for the 2nd half of day

River Tour

Sat, Sept 6

Depart on train to London

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
982 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Seems feasible but you might want to switch Musee d'Orsay and Louvre. The Louvre is open late Wed and Fri while the d'Orsay is open late Thursday.

Sounds like a great surprise. You seem to be catching the highlights.

Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,102 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Sounds good. Not too much. You may not get everything done though bc just wandering around is the best in Paris.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

I spent yesterday working on an itinerary for our three day trip (next week!), and our approach is so similar! No two travelers are going to match up destination to destination, but our thinking is on target.

Ditto to what Doby47 said: "...just wandering around is the best in Paris," and I used Frommers "24 Great Walks in Paris" as my guide. Among other discoveries, that's where I learned that the Cimetière Père-Lachaise was going to be more interesting than just Jim Morrison's grave, and we're giving it a morning. You might want to take a look at this book. I spent the afternoon going through it trying to figure out how we can walk between destinations vs. traveling on the metro, and the guide was really helpful not only for its specific routes, but I was able to put together various bits and pieces of their walks.

BTW, one of my favorite memories from a trip to Paris was just walking from Notre Dame, turning at the Louvre and heading towards the Champs Elysees. The Eiffel Tower rises in the distance to your left and at least for me, I felt like I was in "Paris." You walk through the Tuileries Garden and Place de la Concorde, and though my husband keeps saying "We've done this...," he's not getting out of this one. ;-)

Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

thanks!!

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

If this is the last leg of your trip (if Italy is coming first), then you might want to be prepared to play it a bit by ear. It is possible that you will have had "enough" of museums by then (some reach that point easily, and others rarely), and so you might put together an alternative itinerary that basically is "a discovery" experience and is based on a book like Troggs suggests (the walks). I have also used a great little walking route guide called "Insight Guides: Paris Step By Step," so I know how appealing that kind of agenda can be. Basically, it helps you discover the "little things" along the way, so that the "major sight" just becomes your directional sign post as you take advantage of "slow travel."

I see nothing wrong with your posted itinerary, I'm just suggesting that you consider the overall trip as well as the individual city.

Have a wonderful time.

Level Contributor
202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

Great feedback. I have to keep in mind that we will go to the Vatican, Uffizi, and Accademia and probably countless other churches and museums while in Rome, Florence, and Venice. My husband may just want to see the Louvre from the outside and not even bother with Rodin or Orsay.

8. Re: Feedback needed on my 2.5 day itinerary in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:16