We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Inverness, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Can anyone advise which is the best bus to get from Charles de Gaulle airport, which will take me as close as possible to where I will be staying? It is in Montmartre district, where the nearest Metro station is Lamarck Caulaincourt. The street is rue Paul Feval, 75018. This is my first visit to Paris so any help much appreciated. Thank you in advance. MJ

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/…public-transport.htm

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Learn to use the metro map http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/ and the travel planner ratp.fr/itineraires/fr/ratp/recherche-avancee to find your way around in Paris.

None of the buses from CDG come close to Montmartre. I would take RER B to Gare du Nord, walk through the underground passage to La Chapelle metro station, take metro line 2 three stops to Pigalle, change to metro line 12 two stops to Lamarck-Caulaincourt.

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

For a first-time visitor who does not know their way around, the 'best' as in 'easiest' option will be to take a taxi. You do not book in advance, simply head for the taxi queue. This will cost you around 50 euros, maybe a bit less since you are staying on the north side of Paris (same side as the airport)

You refer to 'bus', and there is the Roissybus which goes to Opera, I think that costs about 15 euros, but you would then have to take other transport (metro or taxi) to your destination.

Cheapest is to take the RER train into Paris, change at Gare du Nord to metro line 4 direction Porte de Clignancourt, and again at Marcadet-Poissoniers to line 12 Direction Mairie d'Issy. www.ratp.info or look at the metro maps in any decent guidebook. Total cost 9.50 euros.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

I agree with Sussesgirl, a taxi is what you should take. Once you are familiar with Paris, take the bus or métro. If you are traveling alone and don't want to spend the 50€ or so to Montmartre, you might contact WECAB:

http://www.wecab.com/en

Inverness, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Hello Sarastro, thank you so much for your reply. I have looked at this taxi website and it sounds perfect. did you use it yourself??

Kind regards

MJ

Inverness, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Hello Sussex girl...thank you very much for your reply, it's all a great help for a first time visitor

Inverness, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Hello Iverh, thank you for your reply, all the information is so useful for a first time traveller to Paris. MJ

Inverness, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

Hello Flore66, thank you for the link, very helpful. MJ

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,529 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

I do use Taxi G7 as it is the largest dispatch service in Paris. WECAB is part of Taxi G7, a large company with a proven track record. Depending upon where I am going and with whom I am traveling, I have used, at one time or another, all of the possible transportation modes from CDG into Paris with the exception of the night bus.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,080 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from CDG airport to my holiday apartment

I used We-Cab To get to CDG and thought it was a great option for a solo traveler. Coming from the airport, you need to keep in mind that the We-Cab may make several stops to drop other passengers before getting to your apartment - but It could end up being a nice little tour of Paris too. I was lucky to be the last passenger on and had a direct ride to the airport.