We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Paris.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Paris.

Hi, I am traveeling to Paris in November with my family. I am looking at renting an apartment. Could you please suggest which would be the best area for me to look for an apartment?

I'm looking at someplace which is very lively during both day and night, with lots of cafes and shops. A place which is safe enough for me to take a walk around with my wife and my daughter.

Please suggest.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,079 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

4th, 5th, 6th arrondissements.

Mez
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

We just got back from a family trip to Paris with my 6 and 8 year old daughters. We rented an apartment in the 1er arrondissement and loved the proximity to everything. We walked through the Tuileries every day, played on the playground there, rode the carousel, etc.

If we ever go back to Paris, I would also consider staying in the 3rd, 4th or 6th arrondissements.

The 3rd is incredibly charming, and more residential than the 1er. There are beautiful parks, squares, and cafes, and cute shops. The 4th is very similar to the 3rd. The 6th is lovely as well, and a bit more lively in my opinion. There are large boulevards with tons of shops and cafes in the 6th, as well as the Jardin du Luxembourg, which is a lovely park for kids. Of the 3 neighborhoods, I would say the 6th seems to be the "liveliest."

As long as you are very close to a park and a metro stop, you will be happy in any of these neighborhoods!

Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

We just got back, we stayed in the 8th and loved it. We were half-way between the FDR Metro and the Seine.

To me, the keys are to be near the Seine and near a Metro station, that way you can get everywhere fast. We used a combination of the Metro and the Batobus.

Puget Sound
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

My choice is also the 6th --- specifically the area bounded by the river on the north, Blvd St Germain on the south, Rue Bonaparte on the west, and Blvd St. Michel on the east.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

Thanks for all the suggestions, 6th sounds exciting.

Merci beaucoup :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

I always suggest any district in the single digits works very well. Look into 1,4,5,6. I think the 5 or 6 may suit you the best but the others are great as well.

Enjoy

7. Re: Best area to stay in Paris.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:16