We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport Paris question

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Almere, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport Paris question

My girlfriend and i are visiting Paris for one week. I noticed that Paris has 1,2,3 or 5 public transport tickets (T+). The only reason why we should buy a zone 1-5 ticket is because of Disney Land and Versailles. All the other things we would like to see are situated in zone 1-3. We would like to know what the cheapest option is to buy. The last day we leave the city at 6 Am from the hotel to the airport, so we don’t need a day ticket for that day.

Thank you very much

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport Paris question

You are confusing available options. The ticket t+ is for transportation in central Paris and has little to do with zones (expect the t+ is only valid for RER travel in zone 1). The best t+ option is when you purchase 10 at a time for 13.30€ (rather than 1.70€ each).

The Paris Visite is sold by zone coverage within a selection of a period of days. Generally, the Paris Visite is not a good value.

The Navigo Découverte usually is the cheapest option but you need to include the specific days of the week your stay includes.. The Navigo option is only available from any given Monday to the following Sunday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport Paris question

The t+ transport tickets are not valid for different zones. They can be used for travel from/to any Metro station or any RER station within central Paris (within the Peripherique). Alternatively, they can be used for any bus journey.

You would probably do best to buy a zone 1 Navigo Decouverte weekly pass, valid from Monday to Sunday, for travel within central Paris; and then separate point-to-point tickets for DLP and Versailles.

Almere, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport Paris question

Thanks for the information ! unfortunately i arrive on a Sunday. So i have to buy a ticket from charles de gaulle to paris. That would be a 9 euro i guess ?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport Paris question

A ticket from CDG into Paris costs €9.50, and that includes any transfers onto Metro lines.

Almere, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport Paris question

Last question, the navigon pass cost a 5 Euro. You need a photo to. Can i make the photo by myself and print it at home, and cut it in the right size ? And can i buy this all in the trainstation ?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,031 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport Paris question

it is a postage stamp size photo 25/30mm you can print it on your computer and cut it out -- doesn't even have to be in color. back in the day, I just cut a head out of an old snapshot for the Carte Orange the predecessor to the ND. now with computers, you just size a head shot and print one up.

it is perfect for your trip as the majority of it falls Monday to Sunday of one week. As you note, just get point to point tickets from the airport into Paris for 9.50. you can go anywhere in Paris on that ticket i.e. transfer from RER to metro for that initial trip (the metro stile after you exit the RER will 'know' you are still on a single trip in.

if you are sure you are going to Versailles go ahead and buy the two tickets you will each need for that trip when you buy your ND and ticket to Paris at the airport which will save you having to fiddle with it later.

7. Re: Public transport Paris question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:19