We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
363 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

I booked hotels (Park Hyatt) way back - 6 months back. I am a Diamond member with Hyatt Gold Passport. I was thinking there will not be any problem to accomodate my small family (we are 2 adults and 2 kids of 6 year old and 17 month old) in one room.

The concierge got back to me and mentioned that we can't stay in one room but need to book another room for kids. This never happens in US or Canada.

Is there a way around it? Can we sleep with one kid and aks for roll away bed or crib for other one?

My trip is in one week and I am looking for your help to do what next.

I also booked at Radisson Blu at Paris and they are okay to accomodate all of us in one room/Suite after they were hesitant earlier, considering my Gold status with them.

Anything helps. Thanks.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,045 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

There is not a way around it unless they offer you a way. Dis you ask about cots, etc? Ask the hotel for a solution. If you must get another room, then ask if they have adjoining rooms. If not, and the kids are young, you and your husband will have to split up for the nights you are there.

It is not unusual at all to be told that 4 are not allowed in a room. It is not like in the US where you can often (but not always) get a quad room.

Can you spend all your nights at the second hotel, the Radisson Blu?

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

You need a quad room. Hotels in Paris are very specific about occupancy. It's due to fire codes. Has nothing to do with your status or anything else. You're not in Kansas anymore...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,945 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

There are fire code laws in France, that limit the occupancy of a room, based on size I believe, and most hotels will absolutely not allow 4 people in a room that is only supposed to have 2 people in it.. and just because you are comparing with Canada and States,, answer me this,, do our hotels here allow a group of 7 or 8 people in a room for four people,, no, we don't, even if you could fit in cots etc.. most hotels have limits based on size of room,, and hotel rooms are smaller in Europe. Also since many hotels are in buildings that are more then a hundred years old... and are wood, fire codes are taken very seriously.

You do need to book a room for four. A "quad". Kids may be free( depending on age of kids and hotels policy ) , but still you must be in a room for four.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

Do not try to "sneak" the kids in as they are very strict in France. There was a poster about six months ago who arrived at their hotel with a baby only to be turned away as the room was for two, not three. They had to scramble to find some place else that would take them.

Looking at the hotel website, it appears the maximum allowed in any room is 3, so you will need two rooms, unfortunately.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 16:34
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

https://www.google.com/#output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=chambre+quadruple+paris&oq=chambre+quadruple&gs_l=hp.1.1.0i22i30l4.3676.8627.0.10915.17.12.0.5.5.0.340.2570.0j5j6j1.12.0...0.0...1c.1.17.psy-ab.apmm-lHfbp0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48293060,d.b2U&fp=fca19c058ec78b69&biw=869&bih=602

Claude Bernard looks good.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 17:44
Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

If you want to find other hotels that will take you all, you could go onto booking.com and on the opening page they ask you to put in how many adults and children will be sharing a room. I did a dummy run and there are quite a few hotels that can take two adults and two children in the one room.

Bainbridge Island...
Level Contributor
55 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

This is all over Europe.

In Frankfurt we had to get a hotel for the night and wanted to stay near the train station so had to get 2 rooms, my husband and I each stayed with one of our kids in different rooms.

In the US and Canada, most hotel rooms are in custom built hotels with 2 double or queen size beds. In Europe not the case. Unless it says differently, you can usually expect twin size beds. So a double is 2 twins for 2 people. I had to book family suites or quads for all my hotel stays (just got back Sunday). In Paris we stayed at the Marignan (Latin Qtr) and it had a DBL and 2 twins and at the Airport we stayed at a Novotel for an early morning flight and they had a DBL and slide out bed and couch/bed. The room was marketed as a family suite.

8. Re: One Hotel room - accomodate 2 adults and 2 young kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 06:20