We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

We have a Paris Visite zone 1 - 3. Can we just pay extra to extend that to Zone 5 for this trip? If so, do we then need to wait in line at ticket counter or is there an easier way.

Thanks.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

No, you cannot pay extra to extend your zone, you need to buy a separate return ticket.

This is the information you need from their site.

ww.chateaudefontainebleau.fr/How-to-Get-Here…

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

Ok, thanks for the reply. On a previous visit I kind of remember doing something like that going to Versailles, but that was RER.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

Someone else can give you the specifics but there is now a way to buy a supplement to your Navigo Pass to travel beyond the zones covered on your pass. So if you have a zone 1-3 pass you can travel to zone 5 by using one of the Navigo machines to add the cost of the extra two zones for a specific journey. However, this has to be done within an hour or two before you travel. I don't have a Navigo Pass but someone who does can probably fill in the details. Or you can check the www.vianavigo.com website.

For train schedules to Fontainebleau use the website www.transilien.com. Once you arrive at the Fontainebleau-Avon stop you take bus 1 to the château. The bus stop is right next to the arrival platform.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

BTW, I think it is called a "complément de parcours".

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

We have the Paris Visite. So don't know if it would work the same. I'll check it out. I appreciate your helpfulness

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

To visit Fontainebleau you better get Mobilis one day pass, which cover train and also bus from Fontainebleau-Avon train statiion to actual chateau

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

Ah, I mistook Paris Visite for Navigo Pass so in that case the supplément de parcours is not available to you. In this case the one day Mobilis Pass for zones 1-5 is indeed your best option.

8. Re: Chateau de Fountainebleau train info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:18